MINISTRY COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR
Gashland Evangelical Presbyterian Church (GEPC)
Develop and Maintain GEPC’s Communication Content to Support External and Internal Ministry Objectives:
- Web Master for the GEPC Domain: Provides oversight of the GEPC website including overall site design and integrity; content design, development and posting; and integrity of internal & external links.
- Print Media Development and Production: Primary writer, editor and designer for weekly bulletin and “traditional” mailings (announcement cards, invitations, etc.). Also coordinates and handles all internal and external print production jobs.
- Multi-Media Content Development: Provides multi-media resource development support to pastors, staff and ministry teams for creating text, graphic, video and photo based presentations using Adobe, Apple and Microsoft software platforms.
- Social Media Development: Primary writer and editor for all GEPC social media account platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Flickr, Vimeo, YouTube, and others.
- Oversight of church management software (Church Community Builder) as a communications tool.
- Establishes and maintains writing, publishing, and graphic style guidelines.
- Schedule and maintain Church calendar for all functions/activities conducted within the Church
Communications Responsibilities :
- Works with pastors, staff, and ministry teams to develop successful communications strategies for meeting ministry objectives, projects, events, meetings etc.
- At times when the GEPC Office Coordinator is not available, this position will assist in greeting and helping visitors who come into the main church office.
- Able to communicate clearly both verbally and in written forms
- Ability to work one-on-one and provide technical assistance
- Ability to work in ministry team settings and consult across all ministry areas
- Well organized and able to complete task with minimal supervision
- Website design and management using WordPress tools and plugins. Current HTML and CSS basic knowledge is a plus.
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign, and other design programs.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and comparable Apple software (Keynote, Pages, and Numbers)
- Pre-Press Print Production Knowledge and Experience
- Previous experience with graphic design. A portfolio of past work that can be reviewed or a web portfolio are requested.
- Understanding of branding and good design practices for web and print design.
- Proficient in Facebook page management, Twitter, Vimeo, YouTube, and other social media programs.
- Layout, design, and assemble projects for best result, economics and time efficiency
- Handle multiple projects and meet multiple deadlines
- Ability to prioritize projects
- Bachelor degree in Graphic Design or similar field
- 2-5 years of work in Graphic Design field
Position is based out of the church office and includes competitive pay and benefits package which includes health insurance, dental and vision. If you have questions or would like to apply for this position, submit your cover letter, resume and a link to
your portfolio (if available) to email@example.com. You can also apply on our website at http://www.gashland.org/employment.