Ministry Assistant - Children's Ministry
Bringing up children in the Christian faith is a vital ministry at Cornerstone Baptist Church. The Ministry Assistant to Children primarily provides organizational assistance for the Children Ministry, including preschool and grade-school ministries,
by working with the Children’s Pastor and the Next Generation Team to support the overall ministry. Directly Supervised By Associate Pastor of Children’s Ministries
Summary of Responsibilities
The Ministry Assistant (Children’s Ministry) has the satisfaction of knowing that she is contributing to the spiritual growth of children at Cornerstone Baptist Church, serving as a member of the children’s ministry team for the ongoing development
of a cohesive ministry, and effectively partnering with and equipping the families of the church.
Assist children’s pastor in administration of the children’s ministry and other Next Gen Team responsibilities (e.g. assist in budgeting, payment processing, promotion, media, communications, calendaring/scheduling).
- Handle visitor tracking and assimilation for all children ministry programming.
- Maintain the Cornerstone Kids social media accounts.
- Facilitate payment processes for events.
- Assist in preparation of annual financial plan.
- Schedule resources based on approved calendar for upcoming children’s ministry events.
- Help maintain church database and volunteer information.
- Additional duties as required to support the overall ministry of Cornerstone and the Next Gen Team.
Children’s Ministries & Events
Assist the children’s pastor in coordination of scheduled events and activities (e.g. Preschool, Grade-school, Awana, Upward, training, summer camps, special events), to include organizing and preparing resources and materials and equipping
ministry leaders and children’s workers.
- Monitor children’s ministry policies and procedures and assist the team with improvements.
- Maintain supplies and curriculum for use within all areas of the Children’s Ministry.
- Assist in planning, coordination, and leadership of annual kid’s camp and other summer programming.
- Coordinate and participate in specific parts of children’s ministry special events.
- Coordinate with external organizations with regard to facilities, resources, and security requirements.
- Schedule childcare for Cornerstone events as required (e.g. Discover Cornerstone, Ladies Bible Study).
Children’s Ministry Workers
Assist the children’s pastor in enlisting, screening, equipping, managing, and evaluating volunteer and employee children’s ministry workers, including the coordination of training opportunitieszz, regular assessments, and consistent encouragement.
- Coordinate recruitment, screening, equipping, and evaluation processes for children’s ministry workers.
- Assist in volunteer scheduling in the children’s ministry areas (e.g. preschool, grade school, Awana).
- Help coordinate children’s ministry volunteer appreciation initiative with other ministry leaders.
- Work with the Children’s Pastor to ensure all children’s workers maintain qualifications (e.g. background checks, assessments, ongoing training requirements).
- Must be a follower of Jesus Christ and have a lifestyle that demonstrates obedience to Him
- A member of Cornerstone Baptist Church or willing to join Cornerstone
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related area
- A heart, passion and love for children, particularly of those birth through 6th grade
- Committed to the Exit 137 Values
- Ability to relate well to children, teachers, volunteers and parents
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Quality interpersonal skills (a “people” person)
- Ability to enable and empower volunteers and interns
- Self-motivated with ability to function effectively without close supervision
- Able to work well within a team environment
- General awareness of office equipment and software/technology (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Physical capacity to fulfill particular job requirements