The Connections Pastor is responsible for the overall leadership, administration and direction of Small Groups and Serve Teams. Their primary purpose is to equip and empower people for ministry. Currently, our Serve Teams are our
biggest lid and will need the most attention.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a candidate who is a team player, possess a high level of emotional intelligence and is likable and approachable. They will have at least five years of full-time ministry experience, preferably in a church of 400 or more in weekly attendance.
They will be a seasoned leader who has the ability to "see" and to "fix". They will be known as a connecting and equipping machine. They will most likely possess a combination of Spiritual Gifts that include, but aren’t limited to the gifts of Leadership,
Pastor/Shepherd, Teaching and/or Administration. Their family will have a proven track record of being “all-in” when it comes to ministry and connecting with families outside of weekend experiences.
SMALL GROUP RESPONSIBILITIES (Overview)
- In coordination with the Lead Pastor, develop and oversee a Groups pipeline that effectively assimilates Connect Point graduates into Groups where they can develop meaningful relationships and grow spiritually.
- Develop a strategy to recruit, train and spiritually develop small group leaders and carry it out.
- Responsible for conducting leadership meetings and Group training events.
- Assures that Group leaders are working effectively and maintaining cooperative, supportive and productive relationships.
- Responsible to research and approve all curriculum and to write sermon-based group curriculum when needed.
- Effectively market upcoming group semesters and groups.
- Prayerfully develop semester group topics to offer a wide variety of groups.
SERVE TEAM RESPONSIBILITIES (Overview)
- In coordination with the Lead Pastor, develop and oversee a Serve Team pipeline that effectively assimilates Connect Point graduates into Serve Teams based upon their gifting and passion.
- Recruit and train Serve Team leaders and frequently encourage them both personally and spiritually.
- Oversee Serve for a Day and when needed, coach individuals on a one-on-one basis to help them find the right fit in ministry.
- Train Serve Team leaders on Planning Center and ensure that each team uses it for scheduling and communication.
- Be the primary trainer for all Serve Team leaders ensuring that they reproduce the culture of Arlington Assembly.
- Maintain quality control over our Serve Teams and look for opportunities to improve what we do.
- Work closely with the Lead Pastor and other church staff to coordinate Serve Team effectiveness for each department.
- Maintain a growing relationship with Jesus Christ through the study of God’s Word and personal prayer.
- Develop opportunities to engage the lost in our community.
- Financially support Arlington Assembly with tithes and offerings.
- Maintain a positive attitude and vision for yourself, the church, staff, board, and Lead Pastor.
- Work cooperatively and cheerfully with the administrative and pastoral team.
- Maintain a servant’s heart.
HOW TO APPLY - Resumes can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.