The Music Director, Pastor of Worship Bands assists in implementing and promoting a comprehensive Worship Ministry of education and activities to create transformational moments in the lives of people of Pinelake Church. Responsible for developing disciples,
raising up servant leaders to spiritual maturity and musical excellence, and leading the congregation in passionate and genuine expressions of worship.
SPECIFIC LIST OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide collaborative planning, oversight and evaluation of all components of the Worship Ministry at the Reservoir Campus.
- Work within the established goals and objectives for this ministry and strategies to fulfill them.
- Work in coordination with the overall goals and objectives of the church mission and strategies.
- Implement and promote activities to support the Worship Ministry’s strategies and supervise the communication of these activities to other staff members and the church congregation as appropriate.
- Supervise the enlistment, education and evaluation of all instrumentalists and servants in instrumental music in keeping with the principles taught in Ephesians 4:11-12.
- Develop and direct the instrumental music ministry and serve as pastor to the members and their families.
- Serve as the lead musical director and develop the gifting of others to serve in companion roles.
- Provide organizational, spiritual, and musical leadership for the student worship leader ministry.
- Disciple worship musicians and worship leaders.
- Coordinate the staging needs of the Worship Band and equipment with the Director of Worship Production.
- Arrange musical charts to be used in the services of the church.
- Serve as an instrumentalist for worship services.
- Plan and lead worship services during the year as assigned.
- Arrange and transcribe music, produce tracks, and assist in recording projects.
- Conduct regular planning meetings with subordinates and servants.
- Prepare and manage the budget for instrumental music within the parameters established by the Senior Leadership Team.
- Conduct daily personal prayer time and devotional studies and attend seminars, workshops and other forms of continuing education as a means of self-development and growth.
- As a loyal team member, cooperate with other staff members and follow the leadership of the Worship Pastor and Campus Pastor.
- Assist other ministers as necessary in the successful completion of regular worship events and special events.
- Purchase and oversee the use and maintenance of all equipment used by the instrumental music ministry in the Worship Ministry to ensure proper operation, safety of the operator and participants, and security of the equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree and four to six years of related experience and/or training.
Demonstrated skill in the use of Ableton Live 9 suite, Pro-tools or an equivalent DAW for recording purposes, and other digital music software is required.
To apply, please visit http://pinelake.org/currentemploymentopenings/