The Worship Pastor will provide overall leadership to the worship ministry. We desire our pastor to be an equipper who is directly involved in the ministry, and who also equips a team who are actively involved.
- Worship Planning – Responsible, in consultation with the senior pastoral leadership, for corporate gatherings, to include music, worship team, scripture readings, prayer, announcements, Pro-presenter (visual presentations), and worship center decorations.
He shall be the primary worship leader.
- Provide Administrative Oversight for all aspects of worship ministry. Ensures biblical accuracy of worship songs/texts.
- Recruit, select, train, equip, lead, and shepherd volunteer teams and individuals (vocalists and instrumentalists) to serve on worship teams and as worship leaders in all areas of the church.
- Oversee recording ministry and make available a remixing of worship service audio for broadcast or other duplications (CD and podcasts).
- Provide vision and leadership to the ABF drama, dance, visual and creative arts ministry.
- Maintain copyright integrity for all ABF ministries.
- Develop and maintain balanced budgets for all areas of oversight.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position Type: Full-time Exempt
- The Worship Pastor will necessarily have to work some evenings and other irregular hours in order to fulfill his responsibilities. He will attempt to schedule as much time as possible to be at the church during normal business hours, so as to be available
to the body in general.
- He will be on call as necessary for pastoral emergencies.
- A Committed Christian with a Vital and Growing Walk – A man who himself is committed to leading a personal lifestyle of study and worship.
- Education – A Bachelor’s or Advanced Degree in Theology/Bible/Music/Worship Arts.
- Ministry Experience – At least 5 years previous church worship ministry experience.
- Relationships – Joyful submission to godly authority; a person of integrity; healthy relationships with spouse and children and their support for involvement in this ministry; good working relationship with the staff team.
- A Shepherd’s Heart – A man who recognizes the importance of shepherding those under his care, training and equipping them for more effective service.
- Be in agreement with The Christian and Missionary Alliance Doctrinal Statement, the Expanded ABF Doctrinal Statement, and a willingness to be licensed and ordained by The Christian and Missionary Alliance.
- Be willing to complete and adopt High Impact Volunteer Leadership model.
- Pursuing the qualifications of an Elder (I Timothy 3, Titus 1).
Reports To: Executive Pastor
Direct Reports: High Impact Volunteers
How to Apply:
Please email a cover letter, resume, references, and video example(s) of your work leading worship to: firstname.lastname@example.org