PASTOR OF STUDENT MINISTRY JOB DESCRIPTION
Position Title: Pastor of Student Ministry (6th-12th)
Position’s Purpose: The Pastor of Student Ministry will serve as the chief leader and communicator of student ministries at Centerville Community Church.
The Pastor of Student Ministry will seek to creatively implement CCC’s vision in a relevant and effective manner within the Student Ministry, leading this ministry into a new era of growth at CCC. This individual will be a visionary, communicator, pastor,
and an administrator, respectively as well as a catalytic strategist with a passion for the next generation. Ultimately, the new Pastor of Student Ministry will carry out the vision of CCC by making disciples of Jesus Christ that Celebrate, Connect, and Contribute.
Organizational Relationships: This ministry position will report directly to the Lead Pastor and CCC Elder/Governing Board. The Pastor of Student Ministry will also lead and equip student leaders, adult volunteers, and ministry assistants
in accomplishing the work of the ministry.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Youth Ministry or Ministry related field and/or 5+ years’ experience in Youth ministry.
Key Leadership Responsibilities
- Develop courageous followers/disciples of Jesus Christ
- This position will require the Pastor of Student Ministry to incorporate the vision provided by the Lead Pastor and develop a Youth Ministry plan to implement the vision. The Youth Ministry plan will outline the following areas:
- i. Identify how unsaved students in the local area at various public, private and home school students can be connected with Christ redemptive power.
- ii. Establish a disciple making process designed to instill biblical truths enabling the students to grow their faith.
- iii. Develop student leadership process instructing students on Christian leadership principles and enable the students to apply their faith within their daily lives.
- iv. Incorporate appropriate events, activities, service projects and mission trips in corresponding youth ministry plan areas.
- This position will require recruiting and training skills focused on identifying volunteers to effectively complete the established objectives outlined in the Youth Ministry plan.
- This position will require facilitating effective Youth Ministry leadership team meetings with volunteers.
- This position will require effective communication of the Youth Ministry plan and programming activities to parents and students in a timely manner through church bulletin, website, email, social media, and weekly E-News.
- This position will require planning and leading events, large group gatherings, small groups, serving opportunities, and overall programming to achieve annual goals.
- This positon will require providing program reports, financial reports, and creating a youth budget that carries out the mission of CCC to the Lead Pastor and treasurer as needed.
- Attend weekly staff meetings to discuss ministry activities and church operations.
- Attend selected Elder or Governing Board meetings when requested.
- Perform other pastoral duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor which may include but are not limited to the following: preaching on a selected Sunday, visiting sick students or parents of students, filling in for other pastors or church staff positions on
a limited basis.
- Willing to work towards credentials through Licensing or Ordination in the Christian & Missionary Alliance movement.
Core Traits Need:
- Collaborative team player
- Humble heart
- Maturity and continuity
- Energetic and engaging
- Creative and adaptable
- Ability to set goals; achieve on these goals, and report on these goals.
- Possess a positive attitude
- Spiritual leader
- Possess good organizational skills.
- A proven track-record of leading Youth Ministry in a church over 300.
- High level networking and relational strengths.
- Ability to self-evaluate, seek and respond positively to constructive feedback.
- Ability to make sound, critical decisions.
- Works effectively with Lead Pastor and Board.
Time Commitment: 40 + hours
Please send your resume, bio, and a teaching/preaching video to email@example.com.