The Minister of Children (Birth-5th grade) and Adult Education is a full-time salaried position. He/she will primarily lead the Children's Ministry, and also manage/oversee the Adult Education ministries of MapleRidge Church.
Our mission is to glorify God by developing fully-devoted followers of Christ through winning the lost, building the believer, equipping the worker and growing spiritual leaders.
1. Shall work with and directly under the supervision of the Senior Pastor.
2. Shall lead Children's Ministry committee meetings.
3. Shall assist in pastoral care.
4. Shall minister as a team member of the Deacon Board, casting vision for children's ministry and adult education, yet understanding the whole ministry of the church.
Children's Ministry Responsibilities:
1. To recruit, train, develop and support gifted volunteer leaders who will be equipped to minister to children.
2. To create age-appropriate children's programs (Nursery through 5th grace) that minister to children at their various levels of spiritual interest and encourages children to take the next step in their spiritual development.
3. To collaborate with Children's Ministry volunteers in selecting and evaluating curricula.
4. To conduct and securely file risk assessments of all volunteers who work with minors.
5. To develop the Children's Ministry budget and monitor expenditures.
6. To spend the necessary time in lesson planning and personal preparation for all meetings.
7. To meet with parents during the year to communicate needs and opportunities
Adult Ministry Responsibilities:
1. Give administrative leadership to the Adult Education program of the church.
2. Identify, recruit, train and support volunteer leaders to assist in Adult Education ministries.
3. Work with adult program leaders in regular evaluation and improvement of the adult education ministries of the church.
4. To develop the Adult Education budget, monitor expenditures and purchase materials as needed.
5. To collaborate with Adult Education volunteers in selecting and evaluating Adult Education curricula.
6. Plan, prepare and lead Adult Education meetings as needed.
1. Be a growing Christian, committed to Jesus Christ, and confident of God's call to serve as a children's minister in the local church.
2. Have a passion and love for our children and families; to see them grow in their faith together.
3. Be spiritually qualified according to the biblical standard of leadership (I Timothy 3:1-13; II Timothy 2; Titus 1-2).
4. Become a member of MapleRidge Church, in agreement with our doctrinal statement, and committed to our mission statement, vision statement and core values.
5. Have the necessary training and proven competence in their area of responsibility.
6. Be a spiritual leader who is relational, mature, a clear communicator, and able to connect with children and adults.
7. Must submit to a criminal record background check.
To apply for this position, please 1) Fill out the form on our web site: https://www.mapleridgechurch.org/hidden/minister-of-children-and-adult-education/ ; 2) send a copy of your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org