Good Shepherd Community Church desires to be a thriving church, telling people about Jesus, seeing lives transformed in the context of relationships, and building of the church—the body of Christ. Each weekend we see on average 1700 adults gather together
in a multi-venue setting, with services on Saturdays at 5:00 PM and Sundays at 9:00 AM and 10:45 AM.
Located east of Portland, Oregon, Good Shepherd is located in one of the most beautiful and fastest growing areas in the state. Our facilities sit on 32 acres located 45 minutes from Mount Hood and 90 minutes from the Oregon coast. The community surrounding
Good Shepherd ranges from urban to rural and is growing increasingly diverse with exceptional opportunities for gospel impact.
The Generation Ministry Creative Pastor position at Good Shepherd exists to lead and shepherd middle school students, high school students, young adults, and their families. This position will guide the next generation to grow in their relationship with
God, his Word, and others as they navigate the generation’s transitions. As a part of the Generation Ministry team, this position will contribute vision and creativity to the entire Generations mission, and take it to the unbelieving world.
This person must be a high capacity leader who loves students and young adults and has the ability to bring strategy, structure, and systems to our Generation Ministry. He must be able to set and cast vision effectively, motivate others, manage and develop
staff, and update and evaluate ministry models.
Responsibilities and assignments
- Meet regularly with the Senior Pastor to ensure alignment, unity, and integration between the mission, vision, and values of the Generation Ministry and the church as a whole
- Collaborate and lead alongside the Generation Ministry Discipleship Pastor leading the middle school, high school and next-generation weekly programs (mid-week and weekend)
- Primary worship and production leader and disciple-maker of additional worship and creative leaders
- Analyze and re-engineer the Generation Ministry concentrating on middle school, high school and young adults (20s to 30s) by building a strategy and instituting systems and structures consistent with Good Shepherd’s mission, vision, and values
- Collaborate in the planning and execution of all special events (retreats, mission trips, etc.)
- Multiply discipled worship and creative leaders by recruiting, leading, empowering, equipping and shepherding the directors and volunteer leadership for the Generations Ministry
- Develop a significant and active social media presence as well as work in collaboration with the Generation Ministry Discipleship Pastor toward a digital discipleship platform
- Lead and develop a team responsible for the graphics and video for the Generation Ministry
- Lead and develop a team responsible for environments and venues for the Generation Ministry
- Shepherd and disciple students, young adults and their families
- Accountability to work within an established ministry budget
- Participate in at least one churchwide cross-functional team
- Participate in the worship and creative meetings led by Paul Norquist and be available to play or lead on weekends
- Lead and develop a team who will write lyrics and music in order to produce our own worship content in hopes of producing our own album
- Team-building (shepherding, leading, meetings)
- Planning and executing events and programs
- Shepherding and discipleship with students and young adults
- Worship and creative leadership for events
- Proven and affirmed as an exceptional worship leader
- Proven and affirmed in social media venues
- Proven and affirmed in the creative arts including graphics and video
- Heart for students, young adults, and families
- Three-years ministry/leadership experience
- Character consistent with 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1
- Accept the Good Shepherd doctrinal statement of faith
- Three references: two ministry and one personal
Other duties as required may be added or changed. This job description does not constitute a contract for employment.