Good Shepherd Community Church desires to be a thriving church, telling people about Jesus, seeing lives transformed in the context of relationships, and building of the church—the body of Christ. Each weekend we see on average 1700 adults gather together
in a multi-venue setting, with services on Saturdays at 5:00 PM and Sundays at 9:00 AM and 10:45 AM.
Located east of Portland, Oregon, Good Shepherd is located in one of the most beautiful and fastest growing areas in the state. Our facilities sit on 32 acres located 45 minutes from Mount Hood and 90 minutes from the Oregon coast. The community surrounding
Good Shepherd ranges from urban to rural and is growing increasingly diverse with exceptional opportunities for gospel impact.
The Generation Ministry Discipleship Pastor position at Good Shepherd exists to lead and shepherd middle school students, high school students, young adults, and their families. This position will guide the next generation to grow in their relationships
with God, his Word, and others as they navigate the generation’s transitions. As a part of the Generation Ministry team, this position will contribute vision, leadership, and creativity to the entire team in order to fulfill Good Shepherd’s mission for the
next generation and take it to the unbelieving world.
This person must be a high capacity leader who loves students and young adults and has the ability to bring effective strategy, structure, and systems to our Generation Ministry. He must be able to set and cast vision effectively, motivate others, manage
and develop staff, and update and evaluate ministry models for relevance and effectiveness.
Responsibilities and assignments
- Meet regularly with the Senior Pastor to ensure alignment, unity, and integration between the mission, vision, and values of the Generation Ministry and the church as a whole
- Collaborate and lead alongside the Generation Ministry Creative Pastor, leading the middle school, high school and next-generation weekly programs (mid-week and weekend)
- Primary communicator and disciple-maker of additional communicators
- Analyze and re-engineer the Generation Ministry, concentrating on middle school, high school and young adults (20s to 30s) by building a unified strategy and instituting systems and structures consistent with Good Shepherd’s mission, vision, and values
- Plan and execute all special events (retreats, mission trips, etc.)
- Multiply discipled leaders by recruiting, leading, empowering, equipping and shepherding the directors and volunteer leadership for all Generation Ministry
- Shepherd and disciple students, young adults and their families
- Accountability to work within an established ministry budget
- Perform church pastoral duties (baptisms, weddings, communion, funerals, etc.)
- Participate in at least one churchwide cross-functional team
- Participate in the teaching team meetings and be available to preach on weekends
- Team-building (shepherding, leading, meetings)
- Planning and executing events and programs
- Shepherding and discipleship with students and young adults
- Teaching and preaching for events
- Masters of Divinity Degree
- Gifted communicator and speaking ability
- Heart for students, young adults, and families
- Five-years ministry/leadership experience
- Character consistent with 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1
- Accept the Good Shepherd doctrinal statement of faith
- Three references: two ministry and one personal
Other duties as required may be added or changed. This job description does not constitute a contract for employment.