The Director of Technical Arts will enable and enhance church ministries through the use of audio, visual, and technical arts at WCN
Full time schedule: Off 2 days a week except for emergencies and/or special events. Sundays are a work day. Responsibilities will require some evenings.
Participation in meetings/training: Weekly staff meeting/training events as scheduled
- Oversee all technical elements and crew for all WCN events: responsible for all technical components including sound, lighting, and visual; responsible for scheduling volunteers to fill all roles and positions for all services and events.
- Involved in planning and creative meetings.
- Partner with other WCN ministries, including youth and children, to assist with technical needs.
- Equipment maintenance, upgrade, and compatibility:responsible for oversight of all technical equipment on campus; responsible for planning, designing, and coordinating the installation of equipment upgrades and new equipment throughout campus.
- Team recruitment, oversight, and development:responsible for developing team leaders and assisting with recruitment of new volunteer members; coordinate training opportunities for continuous improvement and excellence in ministry.
- Create and/or oversee graphics, video, social media, live stream and website design for WCN.
- Assess budget and equipment needs yearly.
- Essential computer support duties and responsibilities: application installation and user application support assistance; basic computer network troubleshooting; computer peripheral setup and support (printers, etc.), on site liaison for computer/software/peripheral
vendors (copiers, databases, etc.).
- Oversight and update associated policies.
Excellence in areas of responsibility. Passion for exalting God, loving people, influencing the lost through technical arts. Competent in graphic design programs such as Photoshop, Adobe Premiere. Ability to operate projection software such as Pro-presenter
and Planning Center. Operational knowledge of both Windows and Mac OS.
Bachelor or Associate Degree or appropriate education/experience
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: minimal physical demands are required to perform the work. Work effort principally involves sitting to perform work tasks, with intermittent periods of stooping, walking, and standing. Ability to climb stairs. There may also be some
occasional lifting of objects such as computers; office equipment and computer paper (up to 30 lbs).
MOTOR SKILLS: Duties are largely mental rather than physical, but the job may occasionally require minimal motor skills for activities such as moving objects, operating a telephone system, computer and/or most other office equipment, typing and/or word
processing, filing, and sorting.
VISUAL DEMANDS: Position required the routine reading of documents and reports for understanding and analytical purposes. Required regularly reading/viewing computer monitors.
Must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ; must be in harmony with the doctrines and ethical standards of the Church of the Nazarene as set forth in the Church of the Nazarene Manual (nazarene.org/files/docs/Manual2013-17); membership or regular
attendance at WCN.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee or this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.