Crossroads Community Church is seeking to hire a full-time, highly-skilled worship pastor to join our staff. This document will provide an overview of the position, as well as information about our church.
Under the leadership of the senior pastor, the worship pastor will provide spiritual and organizational leadership to the worship and arts ministries of the church ensuring that worship services are Godhonoring, fresh, and life-giving. Worship should lead
the congregation into an authentic encounter with the goodness and greatness of our God. The worship pastor will develop and model a high standard of excellence in corporate worship. He will lead worship as an accomplished musician. He will pastor by modeling
godliness and shepherding his team of staff and volunteers. He will share pastoral responsibilities for the congregation.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead the worship ministry of Crossroads Community Church from the overflow of his own warm, growing walk with the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Pastor the people of God. The worship pastor must love God’s people and lead them in worship in the context of a pastoral relationship.
- Develop a clear vision for worship and arts in a growing church context.
- Build a deep bench of skilled musicians, vocalists, tech team, set design, platform crew, etc.
- Love and work for the health of the local church. He must see the value corporate worship bring to the local church. Worship leading is more about leading God’s people in worship than his art.
- Develop ministry skills. He must be motivated to grow in his skill and art, including musicianship, leadership, theology, and local church life.
- Balance walk with the Lord, leading his family well, and commitment to ministry.
- Develop and maintain healthy relationships inside and outside of the church.
- Work in a high contact, high expectation, high relationship team. He will spend many hours with the pastoral team each week.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic.
- The joy of the Lord and a sense of humor. Our work has eternal consequences; laughter is a must.
- Plan major seasonal outreach events to share Christ with our community.
- Prepare and manage the worship arts budget.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
- A bachelor’s degree in music/worship with an advanced degree in a relevant field preferred.
- Commitment to being a team player who takes interest in the personal and spiritual growth of staff and volunteers.
- Demonstrated experience leading a thriving worship ministry in a growing church, including technology in worship: sound, lighting, computers, and video projection.
- Experience in leading worship, vocalists, and musicians.
- Track record of success as a team builder across multiple age groups.
- Strong spiritual disciplines.
How to Apply
In order to be considered, please send the following items to our search coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Brief cover letter of your intent with a brief summary of your testimony, church history and family.
- An up-to-date resume organized in chronological order of your career with responsibilities and accomplishments listed under each position.
- (1-3) high quality video examples of your work leading worship that give evidence of your vocal and musical abilities.
- The last ten orders of service you have created and led at your current ministry assignment.
For more information about this position and Crossroads Community Church, please check out the full job specification at http://www.crossroadschurch.us/employment/.