Peace Church, a Christian community affiliated with the Reformed Church in America, is seeking a Director of Youth Outreach and Engagement. The primary purpose of this role is to engage junior high and high school youth, both within in the local church family
and in the greater community, in faith forming and life-transforming experiences. The successful candidate will be responsible for building trust-based open and accepting relationships with local youth, their parents and guardians, the Peace Church family,
and the local community, meeting them where they are in their lives and in their faith journey. The successful candidate will be also accountable for developing and executing a youth outreach strategy and being an active participant in church events, programs,
worship services, education, and mission opportunities.
- Build and nurture trust-based relationships with junior high and high school youth both within the Peace Church family and within the local community, understanding the diverse needs of both
- Build and nurture trust-based relationships with the parents of youth, serving as a resource in the faith development of their teens
- Work to equip teens and young adults to share their faith and live it
- Build and maintain a team of adult volunteers to assist with youth ministry, investing in their faith development and leadership skills in working with youth
- Create opportunities for faith transformation among youth, including Bible studies, community service opportunities, and worship
- Create, implement, and continually assess strategy for outreach to junior high and high school youth in the local and greater community
- Work collaboratively with the Peace staff to create and facilitate youth events and full church events such as VBS, annual picnic, service projects, and holiday events
- Develop curriculum for, coordinate, and participate in weekly Peace Church junior high and high school educational opportunities and youth group gatherings including, but not limited to, Sunday and Wednesday activities, utilizing existing classroom and
- Plan, implement, and participate in youth mission trips
- Participate in staff meetings, internal work teams, and weekend services as needed or as requested by the Lead Pastors
- Core Values -- Staff members are expected to live into the mission of Peace Church, to
Be and Become More Like Jesus, and Help Our Neighbors Know God. Our staff seeks to be authentic, believing the best in each other, honoring one another with our words and actions, and to be united in our desire to see people come to know the love of
- Commitment -- This is a full-time, salaried position with health benefits available. This position requires regular hours, evening and weekend activities, and occasional travel.
- Working Relationships -- This position takes direction from the Lead Pastors and participates in a variety of initiatives, involving teamwork and assistance to other staff members with specified office hours.
- Four-year college degree with training and experience in ministry required, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Experience in youth ministry(s) preferred
This role is also open to ordained applicants with an accredited degree in Reformed Theology but this is not a requirement for the position.
Required skills and abilities
- High degree of ethics and trust
- Approachable and relational personality with a passion for evangelism
- Commitment to and passion for youth of all ages and from all walks of life, without prejudice
- Urgency around sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ, with a heart for Jesus, and a deep commitment to living and demonstrating a life of faith
- Demonstrated ability to “think outside of the box” and add creative energy to our ministry team
- Demonstrated ability to operate in the role both strategically and as an active participant
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to pass an extensive background check which may include, but is not limited to, criminal background history, professional and personal references, and motor vehicle record check
How to apply
Please submit your resume and salary requirements, along with a brief statement about why you feel led to work with youth.