The HH Youth Pastor should be committed to love, nurture, inspire and equip our youth to be faithful, lifelong disciples of Jesus Christ who reach out to our local community and beyond. This will include sharing the Good News of Jesus, relationship building,
leading an intergenerational leadership team, supporting and equipping parents, and leading ministry environments that serves to attract middle school, high school students and their parents to Huron Hills Church (HHC) and ultimately to a saving faith in Jesus
Christ. This is a full-time position.
- A mature, growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- A well-established life of spiritual disciplines.
- An alignment with the culture, beliefs, and practices of Huron Hills Church.
- A spirit of teamwork, dependability, organization, hard work, respect, and staff loyalty. Candidate must have a teachable spirit.
- The passion and ability to work with students and parents in a community marked by diversity.
- The ability to cast vision for the student ministry, set goals for the ministry, and effectively put steps in place to ensure those goals achieved.
- Possess strong leadership skills, including the ability to enlist volunteers and equip them for accomplishing the work of the ministry.
- The passion and ability to disciple students to maturity in Christ.
- The ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with the parents of students.
- The ability to equip parents in the spiritual development of their child.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including verbal, written, and electronic communication, an attentive listener, and an ability to be assertive in problem solving and making decisions.
- Organized, self-motivated, punctual, dependable, and flexible.
- Effective and engaging public speaking ability.
- Possess a graduate theological credential or be willing to pursue one.
- Must have a satisfactory background/security check.
- Give direction to and oversee the student ministries.
- Plan and develop programs for the student ministries.
- Evaluate existing programs to determine effectiveness.
- Lead weekly youth service.
- Recruit, equip, and lead a team of ministry volunteers.
- Cultivate spiritual formation and growth of ministry volunteers and students.
- Provide guidance and training for volunteers working with students, serving as a resource to them helping to help them fulfill their tasks.
- Plan and lead mission activities/service projects and trips for students in the community and beyond.
- Attend and be involved in district and national events, such as: Fine Arts, Youth Conference, and Youth Camp.
- Maintain a presence in local schools and youth community.
- Participate in outreach ministry to teens who have visited the church (visits, letters, etc).
- Develop an annual student ministries budget and track expenditures throughout the year.
- Work well within a collaborative staff team culture.
- Plan, conduct, coordinate, evaluate, and select resources for the church’s ministry programs for youth.
- Serve as a member of the HH Pastoral Team and Sunday teaching team (if so gifted and/or graduate theological training is complete)
Submit a video introduction telling us about yourself, and why youth ministry is where you're called to serve. Please also include a cover letter which includes an overview of your faith journey and priorities/approach to youth ministry, a resume, and the
names of three references with contact information. Please include at least one recording of a recent sermon/talk. (Electronic documents should be in MS Word or PDF format) Email to: email@example.com or mail to: 3150 Glazier Way, Ann Arbor, MI