The Communication Director exists to tell the stories of Calvary Chapel South so that anyone listening can engage in the ministry that God has for our family of faith.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Communication Director is responsible for:
- Being the primary brand advocate; by stewarding the public image of the church both internally and externally.
- The communication strategy of Calvary Chapel South; including (but not limited to) our website, social media, mobile app, online community (CCB), video, slides, bulletins, and other print materials.
- Championing the church's vision and being the key person to strategize how it is messaged and communicated across different mediums.
- Having a pulse of the life of the church as well as the culture outside the church in order to build a bridge between the two.
- Managing a 52 week calendar of announcements for our weekend services (whether live or video).
- Developing himself/herself to be current on trends, learning best practices and networking with other communication professionals.
- Collaborating with Pastors and ministry leaders about upcoming message series and major events or programs.
- Publishing and pushing weekly sermons onto different platforms with the goal of reaching as many as possible.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Exemplifying a godly lifestyle and spiritual leadership to the Calvary Chapel South church family
- Fantastic written and verbal communication skills
- 3+ years’ experience in ministry management with design, video, marketing and creative management experience
- Proven track record of successfully leading communication strategies
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to focus on details, multi-task, and thrive in a deadline-driven environment
- Excellent people management and team coaching skills
- A passion for team, staff culture, excellence, and faithfulness
- A willingness and openness to be pastored and coached
- Able to navigate all aspects of production, message development, design, social media, and marketing
- Self-motivation, a professional demeanor, adaptability to change, and a “whatever-it-takes” attitude
- Able to attend required meetings and events: weekly and monthly staff meetings, special conferences, irregular events, etc.
- An active member of CCS, upholding the Bylaws, core values, statement of belief, and employment policies of the church.
Compensation packages are negotiable based on qualifications and experience. Please apply HERE:
Attach your resume to the online application, and any links to your work.
CCS is a growing non-denominational church in downtown Kent, Washington. Kent is an up-and-coming city with a ton of diversity. The larger Kent gets, the more people there are who need to meet Jesus. That is why we have the opportunity like never before
to engage our culture with the gospel, equip the church to make disciples, and enrich our community and our world with the unconditional love of Jesus.