Children's Elementary Coordinator
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS:
Responsible for the planning, programing and execution of weekend small group and large group programing, including room hosts, leaders, volunteers, story tellers and worship team.
- Exhibit Christian character and love for Jesus Christ.
- Exhibit caring relationships with church members and general public.
- Promote unity among the church staff and the congregation.
- Uphold and fulfill the core values of Mt Horeb UMC
- Support the ministry of Mt Horeb UMC through prayer, attendance, participation, and tithing principles.
- Commitment to worship on a regular basis.
- Large Church experience preferred.
*Creatively plan and implement curriculum that connects the Bible to the children by making programing engaging and memorable.
*Implement and edit programing to meet the vision of the ministry.
*Work with the contemporary worship team to provide weekly worship experiences.
*Recruit, inspire, train, and schedule volunteers for elementary programing.
*Minister to volunteers through prayer and continuing education.
*Ensure that all volunteers have met the appropriate requirements and training to serve.
*Ensure proper enforcement of policies and procedures for weekend programming.
*Plan and implement large scale children’s ministry events.
*Research, observe and implement growth –oriented children’s ministries and programs.
*Ensure the goals of the elementary programing are aligned with the mission, vision and values of the church.
- Performs other duties as required or as assigned. Assist other church employees for high volume events including but not limited to Funerals, Vacation Bible School, Holiday events at the church or other events as needed.
3 | ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS:
Reports directly to the Children’s Ministry Director