Job Title: Junior High School Director
Part-Time, 20 hours per week, $1500 per month
POSITION SUMMARY: The Junior High School Director (JHD from here forward) will help create and cast vision along with the Associate Pastor (AP from here forward), and plan, organize, develop and direct a comprehensive ministry for middle
school students (7th-8th grade).
- The JHD will align the ministry vision within Student Ministries (middle school and high school) to the mission of the overall church. Watermark OC Church’s mission is to lead people to Follow Jesus, Connect with Community, and Serve Others.
- The JHD will guide the ministry by:
- Building relationships with students,
- Recruiting and developing leaders and;
- Committing to partnering with parents.
- This position is overseen by the AP and will partner with the AP (and may partner with the High School Director (HSD) to develop goals toward focused action on reaching desired outcomes for the ministry with Junior Highers.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Sundays:
- Regular Biblical study, teaching, discussion and appropriate Biblical interpretation and application of God’s Word. o Develop curriculum, series vision and outline, and messages for Middle School Ministries.
- Work with AP to determine if and when overall Watermark teaching series can crossover with Middle School Ministries
- Be the primary teacher for Junior High classroom on Sundays Midweek
- Work with AP to develop midweek/evening outreach and discipleship plan for Junior Highers.
- Meet regularly (Weekly 1:1’s) with the AP
- Communicate regularly with the HSD.
- With the guidance of the AP, help create, plan, and administer the Junior High ministries budget.
- Communicate vision, needs, and opportunities to the church, students, leaders, and parents
- Maintain an authentic personal relationship with God as an active follower of Jesus. We believe the principal that you must follow Jesus actively in order to lead others to follow Jesus
- Maintain healthy boundaries with your own personal life and personal growth. Ministry is the overflow of a healthy life. Your personal relationships and growth are just as important to us as the ministry you do through Watermark. We need you to be fed and
cared for in your life in order for you to care for others.
- Abide by the Watermark OC Church leadership guidelines
QUALIFICATIONS: Education, Experience and Skills:
- College Degree, currently working on college degree, or equivalent ministry experience 2-3 years of applicable experience with some pastoral training; leading, interning, or volunteering in middle school or high school ministries programs.
- Ability to lead a team of people
- Ability to multitask several projects at one time
- Shows a commitment to students and their spiritual growth
- Strong communication and teaching skills
Please submit your resume and at least 2 references to Ben.firstname.lastname@example.org