This position will have an integral role in implementing strategic communications (digital, environmental, visual, graphic, etc.) that help create, reinforce, and celebrate Central Assembly of God’s and Central Christian Academy’s culture and tell our story.
This person will be responsible for overseeing and facilitating all communications efforts to our ministry team, our broader church family, and our surrounding communities. This role will provide oversight of creative processes, organizational systems, and
first impressions to ensure excellence, stylistic consistency, and disciplined messaging reflective of our shared purpose, values, and vision.
Leadership, Planning & Strategy
- Create, organize, and lead Creative Communications Teams to strategize, promote, and implement ministries and events through print material, announcement visuals, and digital platforms
- Support the various ministries by brainstorming media and communication strategies, presenting concepts, and overseeing their implementation.
- Create communication strategies to market, inform, and promote teaching series, big events, etc.
- Work with Creative Arts and Tech Ministries to maximize the Sunday morning experience (lighting, slide backgrounds, videos, and stage design)
- Manage budget and maintain vendor connections
- Recruit, train, and shepherd volunteers necessary to accomplish communication goals
- Create positive relationships with local and national media
- Develop policy and procedures related to media relations
Graphics & Print Material
- Oversee design of all art, graphics, and promotional materials related to ministries and church-wide activities with a high standard of creativity, excellence, and effectiveness, this includes both indoor and outdoor signage
- Continue to develop the look and feel of the church’s and school’s branding to ensure it remains modern, cohesive, and compelling and that it is implemented across all ministries
- Develop the look and feel for all print materials for both the church and school
Digital and Social Media
- Oversee the website, app, google+ page, and all social media platforms to ensure they are attractive, easy to navigate, and are rigorously updated with the most current information. Gather data to analyze, track, measure, and report on levels of effectiveness
- Manage and maintain Live Stream software
- Identify and leverage new and emerging marketing channels to promote church awareness
- Use basic photography skills to capture moments of church life for creative communications
- Oversee announcement communication: work with ministries to gather requests and determine timing and best form of announcing activities.
- Develop all videos and slides necessary, while training verbal announcement team and ensure they have all relevant information for Sunday announcements. Also involves oversight of Sunday bulletin design and content
- Listen for stories of life-change within the church and work closely with the Pastoral Team and Pastor of Creative Arts to develop videos that highlight these stories in the appropriate context
- Enlist, edit, and publish videos for testimonies, training, etc.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Digital Media, Media, Visual Arts, Graphic Design, Communications, or related studies
- Preferred 3+ years experience in media, graphics or other related field
- Equivalent experience will also be considered
- Excellent working knowledge of all major social media and internet driven platforms
- Strong verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- Ability to learn new software/social media/communication tools
- Advanced knowledge of graphic design
- Proficient in the use of Adobe Suite programs (including Photoshop. Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects) or other professional design software preferred
- Working knowledge of Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Premier, or other professional video editing software
- Strong understanding of brand management
- Effective administrative skills including the ability to set goals, facilitate advance planning, and effectively manage ministry schedules
- Understand website development and manage website content
- Demonstrate wisdom and judgment in executing our communication strategies
- Demonstrate a high level of emotional intelligence
- Broad knowledge of marketing production processes (print, web. Social, email, etc.)
- Strong multi–tasking project management ability
SALARY & SCHEDULE
- Full time, salary plus individual benefits, exempt
- 35-45 hours/week
- Office Hours: M-F 9:00am – 4:30pm with ½ hour lunch
- Weekend Schedule: Attend and serve at all Sunday services 9:30am – 12:00pm and special services
- Flexible Schedule: Attend and serve at all whole-church events, targeted outreach events, etc.