Summary of Position
The Family Pastor’s primary responsibility is to ensure that the family of God is working together to make disciples of the next generation, who will then disciple others.
- To provide spiritual and pastoral leadership to the families of Foundry Church.
- Oversee the ministries of Foundry Church from the cradle to young adults.
- Hands-on leadership of Middle School and High School ministries
- In collaboration with parents help develop a gospel-centered culture for children and youth that is relational, practical, and engaging.
- Help identify and/or develop effective curriculum for every age youth ministry.
- Build teams and organize volunteers to help lead the various youth ministries.
- Encourage the development of cross-generational relationships within the church.
- Assist high school graduates with the transition into college/adult church life.
- To teach and lead in such a way that encourages the Foundry membership to become, seek, and make passionate Christ-followers.
- Be committed to collaboration with the elders and other leaders.
- Communicate consistently and thoroughly with leadership and the congregation.
- Have an attitude that holds leadership status lightly (servant-leader)
- A commitment to help others develop the skills for sharing the gospel of Jesus
- Mentor and encourage the next generation of servant leaders
- Be involved in church functions
- Assist in all facets of spiritual growth/education
- Officiate at special services such as weddings, funerals, nursing homes, etc.
- Work with other members of the staff for cooperation, coordination and communication of church activities.
- Other duties as assigned by church elders.
- Have a clear testimony of salvation by faith in Jesus Christ.
- A clear sense of calling to Pastoral ministry.
- Combination of relevant education and experience.
- Pastoral experience in the area of youth and child-development.
- Organized, self-motivated, and a skilled administrator.
- Ability to communicate in both large and small group settings.
- Have a servant-leader attitude; be able to work as part of a team.
- Fit into the overall culture and vision of Foundry Church.
- Have a teachable and collaborative spirit.
The position of Family Pastor requires great flexibility in hours available for work, including evenings and weekends. The Family Pastor should be in the office a sufficient amount of time for accessibility to members of the congregation and for regular
communication with members of the church staff. Coordination of this schedule shall be in conjunction with other staff members.
More information on Foundry Church and the family pastor position available here:
In order to apply, please send your most recent resume along with a cover letter to email@example.com.
Position Status: Full Time
Supervision: Foundry Church Elders
Employer: Foundry Church Body
Annual Salary: $45k-$60k plus benefits, based on qualifications and experience