Scope: Directs the Communications Department to communicate and promote Redeemer’s mission, vision, values, strategy, and core initiatives. This position strategically oversees the creation, management, and monitoring of all communications
to the congregation at Redeemer, as well as external communications through various channels (including website, social media, print materials, advertisements, videos, and Sunday Service).
- Works with the Redeemer Leadership Team to set direction for all communication (both internal and external) by creating and initiating communications strategies, systems, and policies.
- Operates as Redeemer’s spokesperson, helping leaders and members communicate their individual stories and using effective communication channels.
- Collaborates with ministry leaders, staff, and volunteers to plan and implement their communications projects and major initiatives.
- Recruits and manages staff and volunteers, leading, training and instructing them in all phases of their duties and responsibilities.
- Establishes and maintains quality standards for branding and all church communication.
- Oversees church wide ministry calendar to ensure accurate and timely communication to the church body via multiple communication channels.
- Manages preparation of weekly bulletin, church-wide emails, videos, Sunday slides, website, social media, and various other communications media.
- Manages relationships with outside vendors by facilitating agreements, contracts, and work orders.
- Prepares and oversees annual communications strategic plan and goals.
- Develops and monitors metrics and conducts research to evaluate the effectiveness of the communications strategy and initiatives.
- Growing relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and as Lord.
- Passionate about church communications, vision identification, guest experience and branding standards.
- Membership and active participation with Redeemer Presbyterian Church.
- Has a high level of proficiency in written communications including grammar, punctuation, and spelling in the English language.
- Corporate, church, or agency experience (3+ years) with internal and external communications planning and executing strategic communication initiatives.
- Experience (3+ years) leading a communications, public relations, advertising, or marketing team.
- Strong working knowledge of available and emergent communication channels including web, social media, print, media/PR, copywriting, graphic design, video and displays.
- Strong awareness of current & emerging trends in design.
- Extensive knowledge of design related software including Adobe and Microsoft products.
- Proficient with basic design skills to create/edit graphics and print collateral for our basic design needs.
- Able to direct contract graphic designers for our advanced graphic needs.
- A rich understanding of social media, its benefits, drawbacks, and strategies for its utilization to communicate effectively to our church and to the world.
- Experience overseeing website media.
- Passionate about serving the Lord and partnering with ministries to maximize opportunities to spread the gospel through appropriate communications strategy.
- Collaborative, diplomatic leader who works well with diverse team dynamics, and is comfortable and confident making difficult decisions while managing expectations.
- Coachable and teachable with the ability to receive critical feedback and make adjustments accordingly.
- Extremely organized, result driven individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills who effectively contributes to a multi diversified leadership team.
- Ability to initiate and support innovation with creativity, openness, flexibility and future focus.
- Ability to communicate effectively and with purpose to a variety of audiences.
Ministry Department: Administration
Employee Classification: Non-Exempt - FT
Salary Range: $17-20 per Hour
To Apply: Submit the Redeemer Employment Application form available at
www.redeemersd.org/employmentapplication and email your resume and cover letter to