The First Family | First Baptist Church of Columbia, Tennessee
Position Title: Media Director
Reports To: Worship Arts Pastor
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Employment Status: Full-time Regular
The Director of Media will equip others for ministry by leading all areas of multimedia and technical productions pertaining to all worship services, ministries, and special events of First Baptist Church.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership campus-wide in all areas of audio, lighting, and video needs.
- Oversee all media staff (volunteer and paid) for the production of worship services and special events.
- Recruitment & Selection
- Provide leadership in all worship services by being present and actively participating in the technical production spaces.
- Work with the invisible effectiveness that is expected of a supporting ministry and lead others to do the same.
- Create video projects as needed for various services, special events, and ministries.
- Provide direction in the purchase and maintenance of all technical equipment.
- Work with the Senior Pastor and Worship Arts Pastor to develop creative ways to use multimedia within services and special events.
- Provide oversight of the media ministry portions of the annual budget.
- Attend weekly production meetings.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Should be a born-again believer in Jesus Christ, engaged in a growing and deepening relationship with Him, and living in submission to His Lordship.
- Should be willing to engage in the ministry of First Baptist Church as a church member and as a staff team member.
- Must be able to work well with others, seeking to resolve conflict in accordance with Matthew 18 and Galatians 5.
- Must be a team player, and, at times, a team leader.
- Should possess the requisite education, training, and/or experience in the area of sound, lighting, and video production to meet the current needs and future direction of this ministry.
- Must have extensive experience in video production. This includes composition, editing, production, direction, etc. of videos to be used in services, ministries, special events, and publicity.
- Think creatively for current and future desires and needs of our ministry; is willing to step “outside the box” using media and its resources for the purpose of enhancing our church and its ministries in her ability to reach the lost and un-churched, while
balancing with “inside the box” understanding of the church in history and place in the community.
- Must possess professional maturity, good communication skills, self-motivation, and attentiveness to details.
Compensation & Benefits will be offered commensurate with the candidate's education and experience.