*We are looking for an individual who will lead our congregation in worship to the Lord.
*Hours per week: 5-6 hours a week
1. Must be a born again Christian
2. FTC needs to become your home church
3. Must live and evidence a growing relationship with Christ
4. Must live and evidence an upright, morally pure Christian lifestyle
5. Must view this position as an opportunity to draw people into the presence of God, rather than to perform
6. Must have experience in leading worship, vocalists, and musicians
7. Must be proficient in play guitar and/or piano with the ability to lead while playing
8. Ability to recruit, train, and nurture other musicians
9. Relational skills, especially the ability to work well with others
10. Respect for all styles of worship; ability to blend new and old styles
1. Plan and coordinate the elements of the Sunday morning worship service. This includes all music, Scripture readings, and people who pray.
2. Work with the Pastors to coordinate the elements of the Sunday morning service.
3. Conduct at least one practice a week in preparation for the Sunday morning service.
4. Prepare weekly power point/keynote slides to be used for the songs you’ll be singing.
5. Present a blended worship service to accommodate a wide range of worship styles. By blended we mean a combination of contemporary songs and hymns, not a number of hymns vs. songs each week.
6. Discern songs, hymns, special music, readings, and prayers that enhance the sermon, and inspire the congregation to worship God.
7. Create the Order of Worship in Google docs.
8. Communicate with the sound booth tech, readers, prayers, and musicians so everyone is familiar with the flow of the service you’ve put together.
9. Help plan special services and events, such as: Christmas Eve, Good Friday, and Thanksgiving Eve services.
10. Oversee and maintain the church’s music and worship resources and copyright compliance
Please send application and cover letter to Mike Byrne firstname.lastname@example.org