North Ridge Community Church
6363 E. Dynamite?Cave Creek,
Pastor – High School
Cave Creek, AZ 85331
Relevant Work Experience:
5 years plus
To develop, coordinate, execute and oversee all of the High School student programs and ministries.
Reports directly to Associate Pastor (Annual performance review by Associate Pastor)
Administrative Assistant - Students, with shared reporting to the Office Manager
- Work with and assist parents to develop the spiritual growth of HS students (9th grade through 12th grade)
- Lead and organize effective youth programs implementing fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, and evangelism, as well as ministry and mission opportunities
- Recruit, train and shepherd volunteer youth staff with diverse gifts and personalities
- Oversee Sunday morning student worship and teaching experience
- Oversee mid-week small group experience, including developing and/or choosing annual small group curriculum.
- Coordinate regular student ministry “big events”
- Plan and organize up to two annual camping experiences (summer and fall/winter)
- Make available and challenge the students with unique ministry opportunities within our church, community and world.
- Develop a relational process to host frequent one-on-one meetings with individual students for encouragement, mentoring, and accountability.
- Provide counseling, crisis support and spiritual direction to students as needed on an individual basis
- Seek to integrate youth ministry into all phases of church life to create a culture that is intentionally intergenerational, striving to unite with and complement other church ministries
- Establish vision and goals for High School Ministry
- Present a yearly youth budget proposal
- Attend and participate in worship services and staff meetings on a weekly basis
- Ensure a current and accurate directory of students within the NRCC membership database is maintained
- Assist with teaching, caring and ministering to the overall North Ridge body when called upon to do so.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS:
- Must exhibit a personal and growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, and a healthy family life
- One who is gifted and is called to youth ministry, loves young people, and has a passion for evangelism and outreach, both personally and at the ministry level
- One who is a positive team player who supports the overall church vision, mission and leadership. team
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or above
Experience: 5 years plus in student ministry
- An engaging teacher, with a strong Biblical and theological background, who is in agreement with the NRCC statement of faith
- A self-motivated leader, capable of casting and imparting vision for ministry, possessing relational skills with students, parents, and staff
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and work though others to execute multiple projects concurrently.
- Will have excellent written and verbal communication skills – interpersonally as well as corporately.
- Has ability to build and lead an effective team, continually communicating vision and purpose effectively and steadfastly pushes self and others to produce results.
- Relates well to all kinds of people and builds effective relationships.
- Committed to improvement, seeks constructive criticism and understands self-strengths and self-weaknesses.
- Regularly and consistently demonstrates the NRCC Purpose and Distinctives
Overtime Eligibility: Exempt (Non-Eligible Full-Time Status)
Working Conditions: Normal church office environment. 45-60 hours per week. Includes Sundays and some evenings for special events.