Graphic Designer JOB DESCRIPTION
REPORTS TO: Media Director
DATE: September 2017
The Graphic Designer designs creative messages that capture the attention of various audiences. Designs marketing and other content for ministries as requested based on Worship Center’s brand/style guide. Provides graphics for varies media channels such
as email newsletters, social media, website, and digital signage. Position is full-time salaried, 40 hours per week.
- Education: Design degree or work equivalency.
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years design experience required. Experience with brand design, in both print and digital environments.
- License/Certification: Valid PA drivers license.
- Specific Abilities: Proficient with Macintosh computers and Adobe Creative design apps. Familiar with Microsoft apps such as Publisher, Word, and Powepoint. Skills in photography are an asset but not required. Proofreading skills with grammar and punctuation
abilities highly recommended. Detail oriented, values quality, able to multitask and perform assigned tasks with limited supervision. Skilled at designing marketing materials and resources based on a brand/style guide.
- Excellent people skills and a professional presentation and work collaboratively and cooperatively with team members. Possesses a genuine heart and interest toward helping communicate God’s heart and message through creative means in order to lead people
to Jesus and his purposes for them.
- Provide graphic design services as assigned.
- Complete in-house and outsourced design projects from concept to print.
- Obtain printing estimates on outsourced printing.
- Collaborate with the Media Team on projects and provide graphics as needed.
- Serve as a resource to Administrative Assistants in their desktop publishing needs.
- Design screen announcements, message background slides, posters, and other signage for Sunday and other services.
- Provide requested content for social media as requested.
- Design printed bulletin monthly.
- Provide photography as needed.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Media Director or Communications Coordinator.
**A link to the applicant’s portfolio must be provided in order for applications and resumes to be considered. Visit worshipcenter.org/jobs for an application.