Next Gen Pastor
- Do you love Jesus?
- Do you love His church?
- Do you love people and want to see people far from God have new life in Christ?
- Does the thought of leading kids and teens into a relationship with Christ make your heart beat faster?
- Can you follow the direction and vision of a Lead Pastor?
- Can you dream big? Are you creative? Do you try new things (not afraid to fail)?
If so, you might be who we’re looking for…
Friendship Church is an eleven year old church plant in rural North Texas. Since that time we have grown to a multi-county church offering two Sunday worship experiences with plans for expansion. We are currently searching for a Next Gen Pastor to lead
existing volunteers, work directly with teens, and take what we do to the next level of excellence.
We are looking for someone who can understand and follow the heart, vision, and goals of the Lead Pastor and who is aggressive about the Great Commission.
Our environment: Casual, friendly, contemporary, but Biblically conservative.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be a fully devoted follower of Jesus Christ.
- Submit to the vision of the Lead Pastor.
- Lead, manage, and oversee Friendship Kids, our Sunday morning kids ministry.
- Teach and manage Fusion, our junior high and high school student ministry.
- Recruit and equip volunteers to serve in various aspects of kids & teens ministries.
- Manage all kids & teens Wednesday evening programming.
- Develop and lead Next Gen outreach projects in conjunction with the lead pastor.
- Develop and lead Next Gen special events, VBS, etc.
- Manage and lead (attend) kids and teens summer camps.
- Develop and lead a Next Steps program for new church attenders.
- Teach classes / groups periodically as needed.
- Preach from the main stage periodically as needed.
- Assist with weddings and funerals as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
- Be in alignment with Friendship Church’s strategy, vision, and beliefs. Find out more about us at
- Must fit into established church culture.
- Strong management skills. You must be a self-starter who can lead and manage various aspects of the church’s ministry including numerous volunteers.
- You must love children and teens and want to see them know Christ.
- Meet the qualifications for pastoral leadership as described in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- Strong teaching ability—able to teach the Bible in engaging, creative ways.
- College degree preferred. However, experience and “your heart” are more important.
- Experience with Fellowship One helpful (but not required).
- General computer literacy. Must be able to write effective emails, documents, etc.
- Must be positive, friendly.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality. Be congenial, professional, business-like in all personal contacts with others.
- Exercise good time management skills.
- Manage conflict and maintain emotional control under stress.
- Maintain a high level of excellence in your appearance, work habits and quality of work performed.
- Maintain a teachable attitude.
NOTE: If you live in the North Texas area, you are not required to move. We spend more time working remotely than at the church’s facility. You will be provided with a computer and other tools
you may need in order to work remotely.
Friendship Church is located in a small North Texas town, but we are a multi-county church. People from Montague, Cooke, Grayson, and Denton counties attend. Think area-centric, not town-centric. This reality gives us great opportunities to reach people!
Please submit a resume, with a link to video of you teaching / preaching to firstname.lastname@example.org