CROSSFIRE Singles Ministry is seeking its next Director.
This is a paid, part-time position averaging at least 20 hours per week. Ministry experience is required along with administrative, organizational, and computer skills.
- Director of Crossfire Singles Ministry
- The purpose of the Director is to provide leadership for a spiritual/social outlet for singles to join in friendship and fellowship.
- Recruit, train, and support leadership teams
- Conduct monthly meetings with volunteer leadership teams to determine activities and events to be scheduled over several months.
- Assign host for events and assign other work to volunteer leaders as needed.
- Oversee work of the volunteers
- Arrange venues, food, entertainment, speakers, etc. for the various events planned. Obtain insurance certificates as needed. Pay for services.
- Work with treasurer and board on financial matters.
- Pack supplies at the office for events as needed and transport them to the event locations. Purchase supplies as needed.
- Help run the events and make people feel welcome.
- Speak at events (devotions, announcements, keynote speaker, etc.)
- Work with and report to the Board of Directors.
- Prepare director’s report for monthly board meetings.
- Minister to people individually and as a group as needed
- Make connections with pastors and other church and ministry leaders to create partnerships with Crossfire.
- Coordinate schedules with venues regularly used
- Write news releases and send to media for key events. Also, submit information to online media (TV, radio, newspaper, community calendars, etc.)
- Organize and conduct various fundraisers (chicken BBQs, spaghetti dinners, gala events, etc.) three or more times a year
- Write donation appeal letters to send to our mailing list several times a year
- Correspondence by letter or email; handle phone calls and messages
- Check and process registrations for events through various sources
- Keep contacts databases updated
- Maintain web-site, Facebook page, Meetup.com page, Linkline (recorded phone line listing events)
- Send out weekly email blast (through Mail Chimp) of the latest news and upcoming events
- Write, layout, and print newsletter monthly for mailing and handouts
- Prepare printed promotional materials (flyers, brochures, mailing materials, etc.)
- Maintain records of attendances, contacts, etc.
- Possesses Spiritual maturity
- Passion to seek the heart of God
- Ability to teach God’s word
- A high view of scripture and its authority
- Available and financially stable to devote time to the ministry
- Open to growth as a team member
Required Skills and Abilities
- Detail oriented
- Superior organizational skills
- Excellent communicator, both oral and written
- Ability to delegate tasks
- Team player
- Excellent people skills
- Good problem solver
- Good time management
- Able to work with little supervision
- Good decision making
- Able to take initiative and to know when and where to seek counsel
- Ability to multi-task
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Strong computer skills
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Personable and humble; makes friends easily; gifted in hospitality
- Be a self-starter
- Contracted twenty hours per week
- Two weeks paid vacation
- Pay ________ per _______
- Conduct monthly Leadership meetings
- Attend monthly board meetings
- Crossfire Board of Directors
To inquire about this position, contact CROSSFIRE search committee by email at email@example.com.
David D. Dormer Jr.
Search Committee Chairperson