Warm Beach Free Methodist Church
Ministry Description: Youth Pastor
Mission & Purpose:
The Youth Pastor position is a full-time, salaried position, working to implement the mission of Warm Beach Church (we exist to make disciples who are being transformed into the image of Jesus) with 6th through 12th grade students and
their families at Warm Beach Church and across the greater Stanwood community. This position reports to the Executive Pastor.
- A deep devotion to Christ, and a growing, personal relationship with Him through the ongoing spiritual disciplines of Bible reading, prayer, personal worship, fasting, accountability and fellowship.
- A passion for God’s Word and the gospel, an ability to clearly articulate the gospel, and a desire to see God’s Word and the gospel integrated into our ministry to youth and families.
- An ability to partner with parents and supervise staff, interns, and volunteers.
- A passion to see youth discipled and grow in their love and devotion to Jesus.
- An ability to create environments for spiritual growth and transformation in youth and families.
- An administrative gifting to lead multiple ministries and volunteer teams.
- A desire to engage in the community of WBC, both as an individual and as a family.
- A willingness to work between 40-45 hours/week.
Providing direction and leadership to Student Ministries, grades 6 – 12. Leadership includes development/oversight of teaching and curriculum, recruiting, leading and developing lay leaders, volunteers, and student leadership team(s) and student worship
Youth Ministry Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain youth ministry programming: Wednesday night youth, Sunday School, youth retreats, outreach events, local and global service projects.
- Intentionally pursue and build relationships with students, both inside the church and the community, to help them grow and move forward in their relationship with Jesus, helping students transition to college with a strong faith in Christ.
- Encourage and lead students into a life of discipleship, to be transformed into the image of Jesus.
- Recruit and train adult lay leaders for small group leadership, mentoring and connecting with students, and program/event assistance.
- Work with adult and student leaders to develop a strategy for integrating new youth and families into the life of the church.
- Coordinate with the Executive Pastor and Children's Ministry leaders to develop consistent age-level ministry programs/curriculum from birth to adulthood.
- Develop and maintain an overall program that promotes partnership with parents and encourages them to be the primary disciplers of their children.
- Oversee communication for student ministries in coordination with the Communications Coordinator, ensuring good communication between the youth ministries and parents.
- Pray for the families of WBC and surrounding communities.
- Set annual goals for the youth ministry that are in line with the mission and values of WBC. Evaluate how those goals were attained or modified during the year.
- Create and track metrics to evaluate how the ministry is accomplishing the mission.
- Conduct annual evaluations of the effectiveness of Youth ministry programs and staff.
- Develop and oversee youth ministry budget.
Preference given to applicants with previous full-time experience in youth ministry and a college degree.
Compensation: The salary is dependent upon qualifications and experience.