Associate Pastor of Worship
Freshwater Community Church
Freshwater Community Church, located in Wadsworth, Ohio, is a bedroom community of Cleveland and Akron where the average age in town is 36 years old. Wadsworth is filled with young families who love their kids and want the best for them and chose this town
because it’s a small town close to the big city and has a great education system for their kids. Freshwater has been in a growth curve for the past 15 years. We grew so much we moved to a new campus location with a new facility and new offices back in May
of 2016. The overwhelming comment we hear from people is how they can feel or sense the presence of God during our services. The words we continually hear are "healing, hope, relief, restoration…." We love seeing people encounter God and to know the transformation
He brings and we're looking for someone who "gets that" and has that God-given "fire" to lead and create that culture.
We belong to the denomination called The Christian & Missionary Alliance. We know…you need a pry bar to get under the name (that’s a quote from A.W. Tozer and he’s one of us so it’s all good). If you haven't heard of us. the C&MA was started
around 130 years ago when a bunch of Christians from different denominations formed an alliance to send out missionaries. They grew to like each other so much they formed a new denomination. Regretfully, their choice of name wasn’t as great as their commitment
to fulfilling the Great Commission but you can’t have everything. Charismatics would say we’re Baptists and Baptists would say we’re Charismatics so we guess we’re in the middle somewhere. But everyone who knows us does know we are commited to reaching this
world with the Good News of Christ. To get a handle on our theology and doctrine visit this site: http://www.cmalliance.org/about/
Purpose Statement: The human race has forever been searching for the meaning of life. As we read the Bible, it makes it clear that meaning and purpose is found in a radical shift where we are no longer the point but God
is. It leads us to conclude that true, meaning-filled, and lasting purpose is found by LIVING UP (being connected to God), LIVING IN (being connected to His family), and LIVING OUT (being connected His mission
of loving this world).
Elevator Statement: Glorifying God by living Up, In, and Out.
To see the Freshwater of God flow in us and overflow out into this world. Ezekiel 47 talks about God’s Fresh water (a metaphor of His presence) flowing in the temple and then overflowing into the desert places and the dead sea. Everywhere the freshwater
flowed it brought life, healing, food, and transformation. This is the vision we believe God has given our church and it seems to be the story of our church as people come in and discover and experience God’s fresh water. We have found that once people get
Ezekiel’s vision we don’t have to explain it, they can see it. A vision is worth 1,000 words.
Average Sunday morning Attendance:
1932-1981: 0-500 Church planted and slowly grew to 500 people
1982-2002: Declined from 500 people to 135 people
2003-2017: Average attendance has increased around 10%/ year to around 620.
45 minutes directly south of downtown Cleveland
20 minutes directly west of downtown Akron
5 minutes from Starbucks
The Associate Pastor of Worship (full-time position) shall consider that their primary task is to lead all aspects of the preparation and execution of the worship services with a specific goal of leading Freshwater into the manifest presence
of God to both worship Him and encounter Him. As part of this position this person will also pastor and shepherd people involved in the worship teams as well as in the larger body.
- Demonstrate spiritual & and emotional maturity and health according to biblical standards
- Be passionate about a Holy Spirit empowered ministry and seeking His anointing
- Sense a call towards leading worship ministry
- Possess a strong desire and the capability of working with adults
- Be licensed, or capable of being licensed, for ministry by the Christian and Missionary Alliance
- Have completed appropriate training for worship ministry, either through college or seminary, or have practical on the job training in the local church
- Have a strong grasp of music theory and an accomplished musician vocally and with the guitar or piano.
- Be committed to the local church through faithful attendance, giving, and service
- Be self-motivated and demonstrate initiative
- Possess administrative talents and abilities
- Maintain a positive attitude towards the staff and ministry
- Be flexible in the shifting environment of ministry
- Possess a reputation of integrity
Leadership Development and Empowerment
- Be part of leading a group of 4 people through our leadership development focused on CORE development
- In all aspects of ministry empower people to serve and lead rather than doing the ministry.
- Be committed to raising up the future artists of the church by working closely with the Children’s director and Youth pastor and looking to incorporate the youth in our worship ministries.
- Develop the vision, strategy, in conjunction with the Senior pastor and then implement Freshwater’s vision for worship ministry.
- Be responsible for the recruiting, training, performance, and spiritual health of all teams within the worship ministry. (sound team, computer team, band, vocals, planning team, stage design, etc.)
- Build a service planning team and in conjunction with the Senior Pastor plan out the worship services and songs lists.
- Build a creative arts team that brings set design, art, special music, drama, etc., into the worship experience.
- Every year create a dynamic “out-reach” oriented Christmas Eve service and Easter service and other thematic events (Missions Conference, etc)
- Be willing to help lead worship in contexts outside of Sunday morning that may arise (Prayer Service, Leader retreats, District Conference, etc)
- Embrace our value of shared leadership and be off from leading worship 12-15 Sundays a year. (Those Sundays you will still be in attendance but not leading worship)
- Manage the worship ministry budget.
- Coordinate the announcements and special events into the worship service (baptisms, baby dedications, new membership, missions, etc)
- Coordinate a/v technology for ALL ministries to make sure Freshwater has the right and necessary equipment for optimal effectiveness and excellence.
- TBD: Given the growth of our church all of our pastoral staff is having to jump into areas to help out (for example: Assimilation, Leading/Training Prayer Ministry, etc.) We want to first discover the gifting of a candidate before we specify what area
will be assigned.
- Be a full-team player, along with the Senior Pastor, in providing servant leadership, pastoral care, counseling, and visitation to the church body.
- Participate in VBS week each year it occurs with a focus on the large group worship times
- will be directly responsible and accountable to the Senior Pastor.
- will submit monthly a written report to the Elder Board and a written annual report every year to be presented at the Annual Congregational Meeting.
- will automatically be a non-voting member of the Elder Board (subject to change as staff members are added).
- will receive one evaluation per year from the Senior Pastor. Input of performance will also be considered from interviews of people within the scope of the Associate Pastor’s influence.
- The Chairman of the Elder Board will review all evaluations