PLEASE APPLY HERE: www.bethelfc.com/jobs
About Bethel Church:
Bethel is a church of 1500+ located in the fast growing community of Fargo, ND. It is a disciple-making community helping the spiritually hungry experience and proclaim the life-changing power of Jesus Christ. Remarkably, it is over 125 years old and yet
maintains a vibrant presence in the Fargo-Moorhead Community. Its commitment to solid Bible teaching, disciple-making, missions, worship, and resourcing other ministries make it a beautifully rich, multi-generational congregation that impacts thousands in
our region for the glory of Jesus Christ.
Worship Ministries at Bethel has a long-standing tradition of excellence that impacts not only our local church body, but also our entire community and region. Its participants lead multiple Sunday morning services using praise bands, a large choir and orchestra,
and a variety of other disciplines within the worship arts. The style of worship is largely contemporary but is blended with many of the great hymns of the faith as well. Bethel also has a Traditions service that uses gospel, traditional, and earlier praise
chorus music to lead its attenders in vibrant worship. Bethel's Worship Ministry has created and hosted three Valley Worship Arts Conferences that have included speakers Rory Noland, Tom Kraueter, and Mike Cosper, as well as guest artists Jason Gray and the
Vertical Church Band. It regularly presents major theatrical productions, cantatas, and other dramas. Bethel also regularly hosts concerts for our region that have included artists such as Big Daddy Weave, Kutless, Barlow Girl, Tim Hawkins, Michael Jr., Jason
Gray, Vertical Church Band, and many more. Bethel's Worship Services are broadcast regionally on Christian radio and reach thousands every week.
About the Position:
Bethel Church is seeking an associate director of worship ministries who loves Christ and His church, is skilled in and passionate about leading corporate worship and all aspects of worship ministries including but not limited to praise bands, orchestra,
and vocal teams, and who loves working in a collaborative, creative, and hard-working environment.
The associate director will share in worship leading responsibilities with the pastor of worship ministries with a particular emphasis on instrumental music including orchestral conducting. He or she will also provide project management and leadership for
special events and other creative elements within the worship ministry team. All qualified applicants should submit a completed application, resumé, cover letter, and video reel (on disc or through web-link) of sample(s) demonstrating worship leading and instrumental
proficiencies to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 29.
Education and/or Experience:
- Strong knowledge of worship and music and the techniques involved in conducting and leading instrumentalists, praise bands, and other musical aspects of worship arts
- Must have significant knowledge of Christian music.
- Must be an accomplished instrumentalist and a proficient vocalist.
- Must demonstrate strong leadership and creativity in planning, organizing and implementing worship.
- Must function well within a team setting and be highly collaborative and humble in approach.
- Experience and competencies with Microsoft Office
- Preferred experience with Mac computers
- Preferred experience with all manners of A/V systems
- Demonstrated technological proficiencies with his or her instrument
- Process and people management skills for execution of projects within worship ministries
Event Planning Skills
- Understands and executes organizational requirements for pulling off events
- Conflict Resolution
- Communication (verbal and written)
- Spiritual maturity as evidenced by a commitment to Christ and the fruit of the Spirit
- Growing personal commitment to Christ, His church, and His work in the world
- Servant-attitude: a gracious spirit and commitment to serving and helping others
- Takes initiative to openly communicate with other staff members and is responsive to others in their communication
- Personable, friendly, courteous, responsive
- Takes initiative to resolve conflict in a biblical manner
- Team player
- Passion for worship (private and corporate)
- Work within worship ministries staff team to implement all functions and responsibilities of worship ministries in the life of Bethel Church Direct/conduct Wednesday night orchestra rehearsals
- Direct instrumental sectionals for praise bands
- Regularly lead Sunday morning worship and accompanying rehearsals
- Special events producer as assigned for concerts, seasonal productions, worship conference, nights of worship, and other events
- Produce Live Sunday morning worship services including: (tracking details for Sunday morning services; providing leadership and direction to those events and people occurring on the platform during the Sunday morning services; ensuring proper communications
for all involved; attending production meeting for two worship services; writing production notes for two worship services)
- Participate in and sometimes lead creative planning meetings for worship services and events
- Project leader as assigned for elements related to Sunday mornings and/or special events
- Partner in caring for worship ministries volunteers and staff