Worship & Next Gen Pastor
As the Worship Pastor this person will provide oversight for the vision, direction, and day-to-day operations of all worship areas, staff and volunteers. As the Next Gen Pastor this person will provide oversight for the vision, direction, and day-to-day
operations of all Next Gen areas, staff and volunteers.
Success in the position will be defined by:
- Creating an enthusiastic worship atmosphere that invites believers, young and old, to connect with God personally and is attractive to unbelievers.
- Leading the Next Gen team (birth through college/young adult), including providing the necessary oversight, encouragement, vision, and guidance to promote excellence.
- Visionary, forward-thinking regarding long-term, big picture strategies, and processes which create cohesiveness.
- A commitment to partner with parents, and grandparents, by equipping them to become actively and intentionally involved in the spiritual formation and discipleship of their families.
- Effectively utilize, and maximize, the gifts of all staff, and volunteers, to create engaging services and ministries.
- A commitment to developing and managing systems for recruiting, equipping, developing, and leading teams in each ministry area.
- Providing direction, oversight, and accountability for ministry team budgets.
- Actively studying other churches, ministries and organizations for best practices that Grace could incorporate.
- Actively seek feedback from children, teens, teachers, helpers, parents and the church body on how these ministries are equipping them and how they could be improved.
Accountable foremost to the Senior Pastor.
Ministry Scope of Work:
- Help build a culture of service inside Grace.
- Actively seek to recruit, train, coach and work with volunteers.
- Guide curriculum and programing choices.
- Guide design and space changes for ministry areas.
- Guide weekly ministry preparation for ministry areas.
- During the week assure preparation of all worship slides (praise, sermon, videos, etc.) based on flow and test to make sure everything is functioning properly. Work with sound team, tech team, and stage team to have all elements ready. Collaboratively plan
all song / hymn selection & load into Google Flows. Lead worship rehearsals
- Sunday morning:
- This person will be the functional leader of all praise teams, sound team, tech team and stage team
- Arrive by 8:15 AM and make sure worship space is ready for rehearsal
- Guide praise, instruments, sound and tech teams for weekly consistency by:
- Determining placement of praise team members
- Guide praise members as needed
- Guide sound board if adjustments are needed for all praise members
- Decide if any slide adjustments are needed
- Holds team members accountable to be there on time
- Be the point person to communicate any last minute changes with all parties that need to know
- Help other ministries with childcare for events.
- Annually evaluate the effectiveness of the ministry in light of the vision.
The position will be full time with competitive pay and generous benefits (we want to support you and your family so you can focus on ministry). Great area to raise a family. Walking distance to one of the best elementary schools in the district. We
are located in the middle of the top subdivision in Zeeland with 10+ acres to grow on!