St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church
Children’s Ministries Coordinator
Primary Duties: Coordinate St. Andrew’s Children’s ministry for infant through 5th grade. Recruit, train and nurture Children’s department volunteers and paid staff. Work with the Christian Education pastor and the Children and
Youth Commission to help run a cohesive program.
Reports to: Assistant Pastor of Christian Education and Youth
- Help set vision and direct the Children’s Ministries Dept.
- Direct all children’s programs including Sunday School
- Develop outreach programs for children and young families
- Run MOPS and Mother’s Day Out programs
- Recruit, train and supervise volunteers and paid staff for all children’s programs
- Provide spiritual leadership for the Children’s Dept.
- Communicate, support, train and inform parents as needed
- Order supplies and curriculum for Sunday school
- Maintain attendance records for the Children’s Dept.
- Direct Vacation Bible Camp
- Keep Resource room well stocked
- Keep Children’s Dept. storage areas neat and see that children’s classrooms are kept clean
- Advise the Church Administrator of needed repairs & maintenance of the Children’s Wing
- Attend staff meetings and staff prayer
- Plan special events for children
- Support the other ministries of St. Andrews as needed
- Work within the budget for the Children’s Dept. as set forth by Session
- A strong personal relationship with God through His son, Jesus Christ
- Ability to give spiritual counsel to children, parents and volunteers when appropriate
- A love for children
- Ability to relate to and care for all age groups
- A gift for loving and motivating volunteers
- Some background in education
- Must have management and organizational skills
- Must have strong interpersonal communication skills