FAITHBROOK CHURCH, Dayton, Minnesota
MINISTRY DESCRIPTION FOR DIRECTOR OR PASTOR OF CHILDREN’S MINISTRIES
Title: The Director or Pastor of Children’s Ministries
Scope: Ministry & leadership to entire children’s areas
Time: 13 to 15 hours per week
Pay: $14,000 to $15,000 per year depending on experience and talent
Who & Where: Faithbrook Church of the Nazarene – 14100 Elm Creek Rd., Dayton, MN 55369
Contact: Pastor Jim Comfort @ (763) 425-2730 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Web address: www.faithbrook.church
Faithbrook Church is an established, fast growing church with a brand-new facility and location to reach lots of families. Faithbrook is connected to the Church of the Nazarene, which promotes the essentials of Christianity, Missional
strategies and Christ-like living. The church’s mission is: Love God. Love People. Journey Together.
- A passion for children and their families expressed through leadership, administration and care.
- Is familiar with Orange curriculum and philosophies.
- A proficient level of skill in discipleship, programming, and teaching abilities.
- Able to administrate and oversee other lead leaders.
- An ability to recruit for and delegate ministry.
- A "whole church" perspective with regard to working with others, the calendar, etc.
- Training volunteers in the policies and care of the children.
- Be able to handle some discipline issues and special needs.
- Some college education required. A degree from a Bible college or training in the field of children’s ministry will be given preference.
- Agree to support and abide by Nazarene’s Church Statement of Faith, Bylaws, and Policy.
- Give oversight and leadership to our Kids Zone volunteers, using Orange 252 curriculum on Sunday mornings.
- Cultivate the value of parents discipling children through the Orange curriculum and philosophy.
- Oversight of bi-monthly Family Days, Activities or Service projects
for elementary kids.
- Give leadership, administration and oversight to the Infant and Preschool leaders.
- Oversight of all children’s ministry & safety training.
- Help develop and enforce children’s policies and procedures.
- Be proactive with ministry communications.
- Meet with the senior pastor once or twice per month.
- Give written reports to church board every other month.
- Give at least 13 to 20 hours per week to this ministry.
Planning, Coordination, and Recruiting:
- Participate in staff meetings that occur every other week.
- Map out yearly training, recruiting, appreciation events and activities.