Job Title: Communications Director, Full-time/Salaried position
LCC is seeking a full-time Communications Director. This person is responsible for developing and coordinating an excellent and compelling organizational identity through a focused voice and clear, unified communications strategy that supports LCC’s mission:
to change lives through the message of Jesus Christ. We accomplish this through our five purposes which are Connect, Grow, Serve, Reach, Worship; and everything within our church rises and falls on this mission.
Essential duties and requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Model servant leadership and provide oversight of multiple teams including digital, print, story, copywriting and social media
- Develop and execute brand guidelines and materials that create a cohesive, consistent message from ministry to ministry
- Works with pastors and administrative staff to develop and produce printed and electronic communications for LCC
- Works with IT in the ongoing development of LCC website, user engagement (UX) experience, web content
- Work with church and ministry leaders to develop communications processes and define priorities to create an environment in which messages can be communicated clearly, creatively and effectively.
- Work with church and ministry leaders to define, develop and effectively communicate messages to church-wide and specific audiences.
- Solicit information from church and ministry leaders to organize and plan communications messages in a timely manner.
- Create, organize, plan and implement effective communications messages and strategies to church and community audiences. The individual will support church and ministry leaders in conveying their vision and communications priorities to appropriate audiences.
- Serves as air traffic controller, keeping communications requests on time and on budget.
- Cultivate, lead and manage a team of communication ministry volunteers (writers, photographers, designers, etc.).
- Work with church and ministry leaders to develop communications messages to reach those not currently associated with the church.
- Create and implement a strategy for becoming more visible in the community. Effective and regular use of press releases.
- Write and edit communication messages for use in various mediums and audiences.
- Actively search for stories of life-change within the church. Develop ways to creatively communicate those stories in partnership with the Creative Coordinator/Video Director via video, interviews, newsletter, social media, etc.
- Facilitates proactive communications ideas, calendaring, and church-wide and ministry-specific initiatives. This individual is a visionary with a contagious spirit to see how the church can be concise, clear and creative in their communications.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the website on a regular basis and serves as the Webmaster for LCC’s website.
- Oversight for all LCC social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills. This individual serves as the “eyes” for all things print and electronic, looking for clear communication, brand presence, and consistency.
- Is current on creative, communications and technological trends and looks for opportunities to use this information to more effectively communicate with the community and church family.
- Bachelors in Communications, Marketing or related field
- Minimum of 3 years experience in marketing, communications and/or creative
- Proven track record of effective management of multiple teams in a complex environment
- History of successful team building with various gift mixes – creatives, managers, programmers, etc.
- Experience with digital media buys, app development and web development
- Strong influencer with ability to bring direction to various types of leaders
- Integrated and mature spiritual journey
- Church ministry experience strongly desired
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Position reports to the Executive Pastor
Qualities of Ideal Candidate:
- Is a deeply committed Christian, who lives out his/her faith through actions and words
- Has a passion to grow in faith and for others to know Christ
- Is trustworthy and dependable
- Is teachable and open to honest critique and feedback
- Is confident in beliefs and self
- Team player that works in cooperation with the Creative Team
LCC offers a competitive compensation package of salary and excellent benefits (medical, dental, vision, retirement) commensurate with education and work experience. Particulars of compensation will be worked out with the successful candidate upon satisfactory
completion of financial and criminal background checks.
If you think God might be calling you to this position, you are invited to apply by submitting a current resume and portfolio with samples of your original work.
For questions and to apply, please contact:
Jason Best, Executive Pastor
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; and is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested
by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.