JOB TITLE: Director of Music and Worship
SCHEDULE: Full Time/Exempt
Bethany Church is a Christ-centered, Spirit-filled, Bible-based, congregation doing God’s work. Excellence in worship is a top priority for Bethany, and we are currently seeking a Director of Music and Worship. This position is responsible for developing
diverse and innovative music ministries to enhance Bethany’s growth, staying abreast of current trends in all types of Christian music, and working with the pastors on an ongoing basis to provide ideas for enhancing the quality of worship and music at Bethany.
Leadership & Planning
- Lead Worship advisory team to further enhance the worship experience at Bethany
- Plan music and worship elements for all worship services in consultation with the pastors.
- Recruit, coordinate, and develop musical performers including both staff and volunteer.
- Develop new opportunities for children and youth music ministries.
- Lead worship at all contemporary worship services.
- Transpose music for praise teams and orchestra.
- Direct brass and percussion performers at the traditional worship service.
- Direct the Chancel Choir.
- Provide seasonal worship opportunities such as productions of Christmas and Easter musical dramas, including directing an orchestra.
- Supervise branch campus worship leader in selecting music, rehearsing and leading worship.
Technology & Equipment
- Oversee the acquisition, leasing, maintenance and use of all church musical property--including organs, pianos, electronic keyboards, other musical instruments, amplification equipment and music stands.
- Oversee the acquisition, licensing, maintenance and use of all sheet music.
- Supervise the Technical Arts Associate in the creation of multimedia presentations.