The Director of Communications will create, organize, plan, and implement effective communications messages and strategies for/with church and community audiences. This job has ownership and production responsibility for all churchwide communication vehicles,
including but not limited to: website, social media, bulletin, advertising, internal and external print communications.
- Unify and align all internal and external church communications.
- Be a ‘digital advocate’ for the church at all levels of the organization.
- Proactively partner with ministries, meeting with them and creating communications plans to mobilize their specific audiences to respond.
- Ensure high-quality, high-impact, culturally relevant communications are created for both internal and external audiences.
- Own and manage the church’s brand/identity.
- Cultivate, lead and manage a team of communications ministry volunteers (writers, photographers, designers, etc.).
- Work with church and ministry leaders to develop communications messages to reach those not currently associated with the church.
- Create and implement a strategy for becoming more visible in the community.
- Write and edit communications messages for use in various mediums and audiences.
- Coordinate the archiving of life-change stories connected to the church, developing ways to creatively communicate those stories via social media, video, interviews, newsletter, eNews, etc.
- Facilitates proactive communications ideas, calendaring, and church- wide and ministry-specific initiatives. This individual is a visionary with a contagious spirit to see how the church can be concise, clear and creative in their communications.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the website on a regular basis and serves as the Webmaster for church’s website.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating all church social media on a regular basis.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills. This individual serves as the “eyes” for all things print and electronic, looking for clear communication, brand alignment, and consistency.
- Is current on creative, communications and technological trends and looks for opportunities to use this information to more effectively communicate with the community and church family.
- Create positive relationships with local and national media.
- Potential oversight of church database system.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Experience and Background: Bachelor or Design Institute degree preferred. Prior experience within a church communications context strongly preferred. Proven ability as both a Creative Thinker and Practitioner within the field of communications
Proficiencies: Must be adapt at writing/editing copy to match the medium through which it is being communicated. Advanced level proficiency required in Adobe Creative Cloud’s PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign. Mastery of social media including
but not limited to: YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter.
Expectations: Christ-Follower, Cooperative, Loyal, Honest, Competent, Takes Initiative, Trustworthy.
Status: Full-time, exempt.
Accountability and Communication: This position reports directly to the Senior Minister and relates to the COO.
Application Information: Applications will be accepted until the position Is filled. Email cover letter, resume, electronic portfolio, and references to:
1475 Indian Creek Pkwy.
Jupiter, FL 33458