The Minister of Students will provide direct oversight to all aspects of the middle school and high school ministries. The student ministry is a vital part of JupiterFIRST’s DNA, as such, the Minister of Students will assist the Senior Minister in designing
and executing a churchwide process that encourages consistent and lifelong spiritual formation. The ideal candidate will be a 20- or 30-Something, though candidates outside of this span will be given full consideration. The best candidate will also be willing
and able to dream and design new models of Youth Ministry with the Senior Minister. The new Youth Minister will be a critical member of the Pastoral Team, and will be encouraged to be involved in ministry decisions and execution beyond Youth.
JupiterFIRST Church is a growing congregation set in one of the most desirable locations in the U.S., sunny South Florida. The congregation is healthy and thriving, and it is experiencing a dramatic renewal of life and energy with a relatively new Senior
Minister at the helm. JupiterFIRST is making inroads on the front lines of ministry to Millennials and Generation Z, all while strengthing inter-generational ministry to Boomers and GenXers. The current season of ministry is seeing the development of ground-breaking
ancient/future tools for discipleship and evangelism among the "Nones" and "Dones" of South Florida. Many of these initiatives will be launched within the next year, and the incoming Minister of Students will have the ability to help guide the final stages
of development and implimentation upon arrival. This is the opportunity to be on the ground floor of a ministry model that has the potential to change the future of Youth Ministry in USAmerica, and beyond.
- Give frontlines leadership to the spiritual direction and programs of middle- and high-school students, under the direction of the Senior Minister.
- Ability to deliver excellent, engaging, age-appropriate, culturally relevant, spiritually connected, and biblically-literate messages multiple times weekly.
- Actively influence and create an environment conducive to growing young people as passionate disciples of Jesus who will cultivate a life-long pattern of spiritual growth.
- Recruit, train, maintain, and minister to a team of volunteer adult and student leaders.
- Ability to create programs that are attractive to the unchurched and able to move students all ages more closely to Christ.
- Oversee a dynamic social program, appropriate for the different age ranges, to gather youth and build community and friendships both inside and outside the church.
- Build relationships with parents/families of students, working in partnership to create opportunities for discipleship, connection, and spiritual growth within the home.
- Actively create opportunities for intergenerational interaction.
- Ensure effective transitions into and out of the Student Ministry, maintaining connection to students well into their 20-Somethings to encourage lifelong faith and church involvement.
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Children’s Ministry.
- Share pastoral responsibilities as needed.
- Preach and teach as needed.
- Potential additional areas of oversight as equipped.
Experience and Background: The qualified candidate will have a healthy mix of related education and experience in a large student ministry. Leadership experience strongly preferred. Ordination (or ability/willingness to become ordained)
preferred. Proven ability to understand and minister within an ancient/future framework.
Expectations: Christ-Follower, Cooperative, Loyal, Honest, Competent, Takes Initiative, Trustworthy. A love for young people and an ability to create an environment of mutual trust and support. Excellent and engaging communication.
Status: Full-time, exempt.
Accountability and Communication: This position reports directly to the Senior Minister and will serve as a member of the Pastoral Team.
Application Information: Applications will be accepted until the position Is filled. Email cover letter, resume, teaching sample link, and references to:
1475 Indian Creek Pkwy.
Jupiter, FL 33458