The Next Generations Pastor is a visionary leader who is passionate about igniting a spiritual revolution and raising up new generations to a vital faith in Christ. The Next Gen Pastor is a proven leader who can help shape and develop ministry strategies to
accomplish this vision. The long-term goal is to provide seamless transitions from children’s ministry to middle school, and then to high school and beyond. The Next Generations Pastor will also lead the staff and Ministry Partners under their leadership to
take steps toward that vision. They will effectively communicate biblical truth with relevance and authenticity.
- Setting the Spiritual Intensity for Next Generation Ministries
- Visionary and supervisory leadership of strategic ministry programs that help students to know God and make Him known throughout their developmental years. This includes oversight of children’s ministry leaders and focused involvement with youth leaders
(middle and high school).
- Vision and supervisory leadership of youth meetings and events, creating a relevant space for students to hear teaching, connect with peers, and develop lasting relationships through small groups.
- Develop and implement a ministry program specific for connecting post-high/college ages with Christ and Cornerstone Church.
- Recruit, develop, and coach a Next Generation leadership team to serve Cornerstone Church in their area of giftedness.
- Recruit, develop, and coach staff/Ministry Partners to serve faithfully, with excellence, and to invest in relationships with students.
- Interact with parents to promote a family-friendly ministry and to create overall awareness of the Next Generation Ministries. Utilize all relevant forms of social media as an avenue for communicating with and reaching the Next Generation.
- Manage the Next Generations budget/funds in cooperation with team leaders, and with the oversight and approval of the Executive Team/Finance.
- Form connections with the parents and guardians of Next Generation students for the purpose of encouraging their involvement and spiritual growth in various areas of the church including small groups (cGroups).
- Other pastoral duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor, including hosting, praying, and preaching responsibilities.