The worship leader is the architect and leader of the contemporary service. The primary focus is crafting services that connect people to Christ through worship, supporting the message while focusing on an authentic relationally-driven feel to the
service. This new position is in place to create worship experiences that has a focus of engaging young adults while understanding there is a multi-generational congregation present. Other aspects of influence may include areas such as coaching sound techs,
equipment maintenance/over-sight, stage-lighting development and design; digital projection, video editing, set design and story ministry.
The Executive Pastor was recently "promoted" from his former Worship Pastor role. He is present to support the contemporary Worship Leader/Director and together develop over-all direction of the worship arts ministry. The Executive Pastor provides
primary leadership over the classic services, but has a duel focus of worship leadership and engaging ministries to effectively fulfill the strategic objectives God has placed in front of PHBC.
The ministry title, number of hours and pay-rate will be be based on experience, skill-level and how much of the aspects of the position the successful applicant is able to take on.
Modeling Biblical Priorities
- Responsible for upholding biblical priorities and core values of Parma Heights Baptist Church.
- Represent a growing personal relationship with Christ.
- Models a strong relationship with his wife and children.
- Strives to fulfill his purpose in life and ministry while demonstrating integrity in words, relationships and actions by:
- Committing to a daily quiet-time with God
- Participating in a PHBC growth group on a regular basis
- Setting appropriate boundaries to protect character and integrity
- Developing personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church
- Adhering to and encompassing the qualities and characteristics required of PHBC employees, as defined by the Personnel Policies and Procedures Handbook
Contemporary Worship Planning and leading
- Oversee planning, implementation and execution of Sunday contemporary Service(s)
- Primary worship leader for the Sunday morning contemporary service(s) and occasionally special worship services and events outside of Sunday
- Able to develop teams and coach other musicians and worship leaders
- As needed, assist the Executive Pastor with special events involving music, worship and technology throughout the year
- Occasionally assist other ministries, such as young adults, with worship coaching and/or developing and leading worship experiences
- Stay in touch with cultural trends and technology advancements to effectively connect the culture with the gospel
- Build into the strong worship arts team the currently exists while raising up and enfolding talented young musicians and the technically-geared into the worship arts ministry
- Assist story team with finding people with stories that celebrate God, coaching them, scheduling video recording or live story telling on Sundays
- Responsible for training and scheduling the sound and lighting technicians for all Sunday services
- Responsible for overseeing the worship center audio, lighting, and video technology at PHBC including maintenance, programming and purchasing
- Oversee weekly stage-lighting set up and general stage lighting development
- Influence digital projection design
- Contribute to Social Media Platforms when possible
Budget and Copyright
- Responsible for overseeing and managing the worship arts budget as it relates to the contemporary service and worship center technology.
- Ensures that all guidelines for expenses and purchases are followed and discussed with Executive Pastor
- Manage CCLI online reporting, CCLI rehearsal reporting and web stream licenses. Keep them current and correctly reported.
- Add other copyright licenses and accounts as need to stay compliant
- Strong, lead vocals
- Prefer lead with guitar
- Excellent with sound reinforcement
- Set design a plus
- Knowledge of Planningcenteronline.com
- Social Media
- Experience with stage Lighting a plus
- Video shooting and editing skills a plus