Grove Kids Ministry Director
Reports to: Executive Pastor
Works with: Ministry Staff, Support Staff
Direct Reports: Kids Ministry Associates (2), Volunteer Leaders and Workers
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
The Grove Kids Director is responsible for creating environments for spiritual growth for children from birth to grade 5 at The Grove Church. This spiritual growth will come about through biblical teaching, small groups, service projects, leadership development
and personal relationships. The Grove Kids Director will partner with parents so as to equip them to make disciples of their children. This person will also oversee, recruit, train, motivate and provide care to lay leaders who will lead and work with children
in a variety of different capacities.
While this position is predominately responsible for the Grove Kids Ministry, they will also work closely with the Middle School and High School Pastors to provide a consistent and excellent approach to ministry from birth through High School.
Grove Kids Ministry Planning, Oversee Implementation, and Promotion (40%)
- Develop a philosophy of children’s ministry that fosters spiritual growth in children.
- Create, plan, implement and evaluate a comprehensive children’s ministry, maintaining an appropriate array of children’s programs and activities fitting the church’s vision with consent from the Executive Pastor before adding or subtracting from the menu
- Promote children’s ministries to the congregation and the community.
- Evaluate and choose or write curriculum as needed and/or desired.
- Administer the physical and equipment needs.
Recruit and Develop Leaders (30%)
- Recruit, qualify, equip and encourage leadership for all children’s ministry programs.
Parent Leadership (20%)
- Act as a special resource to parents, developing parent programs and activities necessary to augment children’s programming and ministering to families.
Administrative Duties (10%)
- Participate in regular staff meetings
- Regularly meet with other staff members to coordinate ministries
- Prepare budget, ministry plan and goals.
- Must have a personal relationship and be a committed follower of Jesus Christ
- Must agree with the doctrinal statement of The Grove Church
- Must regard the Bible as the authoritative guide for life and faith
Job Skills & Requirements
- Love for children and their families expressed through a servanthood style of ministry.
- Understanding of the development of children and how they learn.
- Proficient level of skill in evangelizing, making disciples and teaching children.
- Ability to creatively develop and lead ministries to children.
- Ability to recruit, motivate and equip children’s workers.
- Team spirit in working with other ministries in the church
- Adhere to employee handbook
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent ministry experience
Reply to: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org