Director of Children’s Ministries
POSITION FOCUS SHEET: DCM – July 2017
To work together with parents to connect children to God and to grow them up spiritually providing
a vibrant spiritual foundation that sets them on a pathway to lifelong discipleship.
Inward: Children ages 0-5th grade and their families within Chapel City Church.
Outward: Children and parents outside the church family.
Reports directly to:
The senior pastor
Relates closely with:
The elder board, facilities director, web administrator, and related ministries: i.e., Mom-to-mom,
Little Lights, certain women’s ministries programs.
1. Visionary leadership; to know, communicate and implement the mission and vision of Chapel City
Church and assure that programs contribute to that purpose through innovation and execution
2. Identification of the steps necessary to move children along their spiritual pathway
3. All functions as lead teacher, including: team recruitment, development and training, and
maintenance to ensure unity, enthusiasm, and quality of ministry among children’s ministry team
4. Development of the ministries, programs, and materials to reach and train children and their
5. Development of policies and procedures that ensure child safety and security at church-related
6. Publicity and promotion of children’s ministries to the church and to the outside community
1. Oversight of ongoing children’s ministry programs: safety issues, first impressions,
organization, and staffing
2. Vision casting and team maintenance (painting the larger picture instead of filling slots)
3. Team development including training, safety, policies and procedures
4. Periodic programs or initiatives to provide outward focus to ministry
5. As a member of the larger staff team, communication and participation in staff meetings,
evaluations, and transparency to aid in good team relationships
6. Regular updates to the web administrator to ensure the website has current information
7. Selection and purchase of materials
$30,000 - $34,000 based on 30 hours/week
The person sought:
A person fully committed to Jesus Christ: a visionary leader, administrator, and organizer, team
builder, and motivator with teaching ability, classroom management skills, and a solid Biblical and
doctrinal foundation. In addition, the Director of Children’s Ministries will be required to become
a member of Chapel City Church and pass a background check.
If interested in the position:
Please forward resume to email@example.com to the attention of Cara Shelton.