Purpose: To facilitate a worship atmosphere where churched and unchurched people can encounter God.
Our Director of Contemporary and Blended Worship will at least demonstrate the following:
· A personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and a calling/desire to serve the church in worship ministry
· A Methodist background is preferred. However, an understanding of Wesleyan theology (The Pastor can help with this understanding) and a willingness to work in a United Methodist church is acceptable.
· Completion of a college degree or higher and previous worship leading experience preferred. Experience (verifiable) can substitute for a degree.
· Vocal and instrumental gifts to lead worship band (Guitar or Keyboard is a must)
· Ability to plan, organize, and lead worship experiences
· Willingness to work cooperatively with others, maintain a positive outlook and disposition and to be flexible in solving problems
· Willingness to provide music and leadership at special events and other worship opportunities from time to time
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Must be able to pass the church’s background check
Note: At present the church has a contemporary worship service Sunday morning at 9:00a.m. We will be planning a worship service for either Sunday or Thursday evening to make worship available for persons who cannot attend Sunday mornings. Our plan at this
time is for it to be blended in style with some liturgy. New worship leader will be a part of the creation, planning, implementation and leading of this new worship service.]
· Set the overall vision for the Contemporary Worship Service (and new blended) with an action plan to carry it out.
o Work with the pastor, program staff, worship ministry team and director of worship technologies.
o Engage and lead the congregation in meaningful worship experiences
· Plan and conduct worship band/team rehearsals at least once a week (or other pastor approved schedule)
o Lead spiritual formation opportunities at each rehearsal
o Maintain vocal and instrumental proficiency with the ability to lead while playing
o Select worship songs and music for the worship service that complement the worship theme and message
o Develop, learn and teach new music to follow contemporary worship trends – being sensitive to the greater Leesburg community and its makeup
· Maintain contemporary and blended music library, materials, supplies, musical instruments and other audio and video equipment central to contemporary worship (in partnership with the director of worship technologies)
· Work with director of worship technologies on desired graphics and stage design.
o Recruit, train and develop volunteers to be part of the contemporary and blended worship ministry
o Maintain proficiency with video presentation software and audio equipment
o Coordinate help with setup and taking down equipment for worship and practice
o Ensure that equipment is in working order and ready for practices and worship
· Traditional worship and special events:
o Partnership with traditional worship and/or leading all or portions of special worship services such as Ash Wednesday, Holy Week services, Easter and Christmas Eve.
o Being present at and participate in mission critical events and or churchwide special worship services (such as vision day, special one service Sundays, special events such as Trunk or Treat, etc.)
· Administrative and Other:
o Set and oversee the contemporary worship budget, reflecting the values of the ministry vision and purpose – work in cooperation with the director of worship technologies and pastor
o Attend all meetings and events relating to contemporary and blended worship and staff (weekly staff meetings, worship meetings, monthly church council)
o Attend worship weekly at MUMC except when on vacation.
o Be a part of the staff covenant
o Work within the personnel policies of the United Methodist Church, The Florida Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church, and Morrison United Methodist Church.
· Network with other worship leaders in the area
Contact: Pastor David Stauffer
Job start date January 1, 2018 [However could start at early as November 1, 2017]