Rancho Bernardo Community Presbyterian Church is a dynamic church. We believe in sharing life together, being followers of Jesus and embracing our community. As a church we encourage living by our values such as Love, Grace, Integrity and Community. And
our mission is to worship God and reflect the love of Jesus in serving others. RBCPC is currently seeking a Executive Director.
The Executive Director will be responsible to oversee and manage the administrative and operational church ministries through the development of paid and unpaid staff by equipping leaders and building leadership teams.
The Executive Director will provide day to day oversight, coordination and leadership for the administrative/operations staff and key volunteers of RBCPC. Primary supervision includes the Communications staff, Resale shops leadership, Pre-school leadership,
Administrative and Finance Committee, Human Resources Committee and Stewardship Committee. The Executive Director will also serve as a liaison to the Nominating Committee.
Specific Responsbilities include:
- Vision Implementation: Implement the vision of the leadership of the Church in developing a strategic plan to put the vision into action;
- Teamwork Development: Develop systems and team-oriented structures that nurture, supervise and develop all operational ministries and support staff. Oversee annual goal setting and evaluations of the operational ministry staff;
- Communications: Foster clear communication of the church’s vision and the vision implementation plan throughout the staff; keep the Pastoral Team, Elders and Deacons informed of all significant operations and human resources challenges;
- Coordination: Ensure that all administrative and operational ministry teams are coordinated and integrated into the overall ministry; vision and goals;
- Budgeting and Finance: Work with the Business Manager on the Church’s finances and assist in the development of the annual budget;
- HR: Work with Human Resource Committee, HR staff, on staffing needs, forecasting, development and performance issues.
- A devoted follower of Jesus Christ with the gift of leadership,
- Degree in Master of Business Administration preferred,
- Able to relate to a PCUSA congregation, Session of Elders Leadership and with PCUSA Pastors,
- Experience in working with a large multi-staff church setting preferred,
- Well-versed in the constitution of the PCUSA (Book of Order) preferred,
- Background in successfully leading a professional ministry staff,
- Demonstrated organizational skills, including the ability to delegate to responsible persons,
- Demonstrated ability to communicate vision and direction to staff through clearly developed goals, objectives and budgetary requests,
- Willing to commit to RBCPC’s Core Values and overall leadership philosophy of ministry.
We look forward to hearing from you.