Hamilton Hills Church is a growing church in Fishers, IN. If you have a passion for serving the church and you want to be a part of a staff family that has a hard-working, passionate, energetic and fun culture, come join our team!
Purpose: The Communications Director will create, organize, plan and implement effective communication messages and strategies for/with church and community audiences. The individual will support church and ministry leaders in conveying
their vision and communication priorities to appropriate audiences in a clear way. This position requires a working knowledge of graphic design elements and creating art.
The Communications Director Needs To:
- Have a seat at the table with Service Planning and Church Leadership to be informed of leadership priorities and decisions and to speak into communications/marketing issues.
- Have time to proactively plan and work with ministries to support their communication needs.
- Lead and manage coordinators, assistants and volunteers to help implement communication strategies and tactics. This team could be asked to:
- Keep social media and website fresh and engaging
- Network with other church communications teams
- Collect and tell stories of life change
- Photograph the congregation/members on Sundays, mission trips, VBS, etc.
- Help strategize and plan communications/marketing for 6-12 months
- Own and manage the church’s brand/identity
- Carry out the day-to-day tasks of facilitating communications/marketing.
- Be proficient in writing/editing, graphic design, communication, strategy and multi-tasking
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with church and ministry leaders to develop communications processes and define priorities to create an environment in which messages can be communicated clearly, creatively and effectively.
- Work with church and ministry leaders to define, develop and effectively communicate messages to church-wide and specific audiences.
- Solicit information from church and ministry leaders to organize and plan communications messages in a timely manner.
- Create, organize, plan and implement effective communications messages and strategies to church and community audiences. The individual will support church and ministry leaders in conveying their vision and communications priorities to appropriate audiences.
- Serves as air traffic controller, keeping communications requests on time and on budget
- Cultivate, lead and manage a team of communication ministry volunteers (writers, photographers, designers, etc.).
- Work with church and ministry leaders to develop communications messages to reach those not currently associated with the church.
- Create and implement a strategy for becoming more visible in the community.
- Write and edit communication messages for use in various mediums and audiences.
- Actively search for stories of life-change within the church. Develop ways to creatively communicate those stories via video, interviews, newsletter, eNews, etc.
- Facilitates proactive communications ideas, calendaring, and church-wide and ministry-specific initiatives. This individual is a visionary with a contagious spirit to see how the church can be concise, clear and creative in their communications.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the website on a regular basis and serves as the Webmaster for church’s website.
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills. This individual serves as the “eyes” for all things print and electronic, looking for clear communication, brand presence and consistency.
- Is current on creative, communications and technological trends and looks for opportunities to use this information to more effectively communicate with the community and church family.
Skills, Gifts and Talents:
- LEADERSHIP: Leader, big-picture planner, ministry partner, coach and motivator. Lead and manage other staff and volunteers to implement communications strategies. Provide leadership and management in the area of external/internal communications and marketing
through print and electronic vehicles for the church.
- COACHING/TRAINING: Educate people about procedures and processes for communicating church messages. Meet them where they are in their level of understanding and help them come to know what we do and why we do it and how they can contribute to the overall
effectiveness of church communications.
- CREATIVITY: Continually look for ways to communicate existing church- wide and ministry programs in creative ways that will evoke a response from the congregation and community.
- MARKETING/PUBLIC RELATIONS: Assess and determine the most effective ways to communicate a message to its intended audience.
- ORGANIZATIONAL/PLANNING: Understand vision cast by leadership and organize communications messages in a way that best reflects church priorities.
- RELATIONAL: Sit at the table with leadership and act as an advocate for creative and clear communications. Connect with ministries on a personal face-to-face and regular basis to understand their ministries’ needs and wants.
- COMPUTER PROFICIENCY: Must be extremely comfortable working with computers. Ability to take on basic design work.
- WRITING: Adapt written text to match the medium through which it is being communicated. Communicate clearly and effectively using the written word.
- DESIGN: Is highly proficient in all adobe products and has the ability to create and design media for digital and print
If you have a graphic design portfolio, please send that with your resume.
Send all links and resumes to email@example.com