This unique and important role needs someone that can clearly and effectively guide CCC attenders/member towards an integration into Community Groups as well as lead the Men’s Ministry. This will involve developing a plan for communication, implementation
and followup in these areas with measurable milestones.
Christ Community Church is seeking a full-time Director/Pastor for life groups and Mens Ministry. Christ Community is a nondenominational church of 1200 Sunday attendees that gather for worship, engage with those far from God, and serve those in need. As
outlined in the role description, this position calls for a leader with ministry experience who can authentically share their life experiences and help others grow closer to Christ by studying the Word, praying together, and having real-life discussions.
Responsibilities include a balance of caring for the leaders of the Community Groups and Mens Ministry and developing a strategy that includes integration with other ministries at church. The Director/Pastor for this ministry will need to have good leadership,
management and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to cast their vision to a diverse group of leaders and teams.
Must ensure that the vision and direction of the ministry line up with the priorities of CCC and the ten core values are the foundation/filter used to evaluate programs and events.
Reports to the Executive Director
- Understands the mission and values of Christ Community Church.
- Establishes strategic objectives based on the vision for the ministry. These strategic objectives would be further defined by goals and action plans which would be evaluated twice a year.
- Development of the current and future Community Group leaders. This would include a plan for leadership development and multiplication of teams.
- Give direction to Community Group leaders and vetting new leaders.
- Able to give recommended study topics for groups as needed.
- Familiar with CCC doctrine to lead and guide groups when needed.
- Have had prior experience as a member of a Community Group.
- Equip and train men to love God and others.
- Encourage men to be better men and care about the men in our community.
- Help men to live out their faith in Jesus in the marketplace and at home.
- Provide weekly gatherings for men at the church for discipleship.
- Communicate via e-mail, Facebook and the CCC website.
- Provide opportunities for men to share their faith locally and globally.
- Create ways to cultivate strong families by equipping men to be godly husbands, fathers, sons, friends, and community leaders.
- Communicate with leaders and assimilate men into groups who are not connected to CCC Men’s Ministry.
- Develop appropriate volunteer teams as a way to build leadership.
- Cultivate community service and outreach among men.
Key Skills, Experiences, and Abilities:
- Fully agrees with CCC’s Statement of Faith.
- Partner with Women’s, Care, Youth, and Children’s ministries to support and equip families.
- Partner with directors to identify, plan, and execute coordinated church-wide programs and outreach events to the community and unconnected.
- Maintain a consistent pursuit of godliness and character.
- Collaborative servant leader able to work in a team environment and with other departments well.
- Approachable and engaging with people.
- A heart to actively support ministry momentum in a large church environment.
- Flexible in regards to working with people and understanding the variety of ministry needs and how to seek collaboration.
- Effective leader of volunteers, staff, and teams focused on our key priorities.
- Strong delegation and vision casting skills.
- Ability to lead a diverse group of people.
- Able to think outside the box as to what people need at various stages of life.
- Passionate about groups and getting people connected.
- Team player – works well with church staff and partner agencies.
- Personal experience in introducing individuals to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
Schedule / Hours
This job is salary with a regular schedule of Sunday-Thursday
- Time: Full-Time