Greenwood Vision Statement: We are a Jesus-loving community, enthralled by glory, transformed by grace and sent out in love for the Kingdom of God.
Position Summary: The Assistant Director of Student Ministry helps implement the vision and strategy of Student Ministries. The primary area of focus will be pursing our Middle School and High School students for Christ through both evangelism
and discipleship. In addition, this person will partner with the Director to recruit, train, and disciple Middle School and High School volunteer leaders.
- Pursue students for Christ both in and out of church to create a Jesus-loving community of students.
- Recruit, train, and encourage leaders in group meetings, as well as individually.
- Work alongside parents to create a healthy, family-friendly approach to ministry.
- Assist in the planning, organizing, and leading of all our High School and Middle School ministry programs and activities.
- All other tasks as requested by supervisor.
- Ability to winsomely lead, teach and shepherd youth with high energy and impact.
- Ability to communicate with parents and adults.
- Assist in strategic thinking and organizational ability in communicating, planning events and tracking attendance.
- Creatively pursues teaching methods for youth, especially small groups.
- Ability to recruit, equip and inspire volunteer teams.
- Discernment in maintaining healthy boundaries for staff, volunteers, and youth.
- Actively pursues feedback from students, parents, ministry volunteers and congregation