Job Classification: Salary + benefits (DOE)
Salary: To be determined based upon experience and qualifications.
Send resume to: Dori Halbert, Executive Pastor of Operations, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Pastor of Worship and Arts is to develop teams that lead the body of Crossroads in Spirit-filled worship in a way that is consistent with the vision and values of Crossroads Community Church.
Our mission and vision is that Crossroads Community Church is called to be a place of refuge for the purpose of transformation and partnership with God.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend service debrief meetings and develop the weekly order of service that supports the theme chosen by the teaching pastor(s).
- Meet regularly with existing worship staff and technical director to implement the vision for worship set by the senior pastor.
- Lead worship during weekend services at least three times per month. This includes but is not limited to, choosing and arranging music, coordinating the call to worship, selecting Scripture reading, and prayer.
- Create and oversee special services including themes and sanctuary decorations (Advent, Christmas Eve, Good Friday, outdoor baptism service, monthly staff worship, and special events as requested).
- Lead weekly rehearsals, build cohesive volunteer teams, and develop potential leaders.
- Work with the youth worship director and children's pastor to incorporate students and children in worship for special services.
- Incorporate art and spoken word into the worship experience, utilizing volunteers in the church body and community.
- Arrange music and assist instrumentalists and vocalists in building their skills
- All pastoral staff shall be accountable to the Senior Pastor as the spiritual overseer of the church and staff.
- Must be loyal to the pastoral staff and be able to work as part of a team.
- Vital personal prayer life and biblically-qualified as a leader (1 Timothy 3; Titus 1).
- Participate fully in pastoral and ministry staff meetings and be responsible for communicating the direction and related needs for your areas of responsibility.
- Build positive attitudes and relationships toward the church, its leaders, and staff.
- Prior vocational ministry experience preferred.
- Seminary degree completed or in process.
- Further develops personal skills as a musician and spiritual leader. This can include music lessons, theological education as pertaining to worship, and other forms of development to encourage personal leadership growth.
Working as part of the pastoral staff will involve knowledge of sensitive information regarding pastors, staff, and attendees of Crossroads Community Church. The church requires that a strict code of confidentiality of information will be maintained. Employees
are prohibited from storing or divulging information outside the church (either in written or electronic form) about any matter of the church's business. The church's employee manual outlines conflict resolution practices that are in accordance with Matthew
Resume must be accompanied by three audio or video samples of candidate leading worship.