Ministry Description: Children’s Ministry Director
Accountable to: Family Life Pastor
Position: Full-Time Salary Paid Staff (40+ hours a week)
Preference: Married female who is doctrinally aligned with the BFM 2000 (http://www.sbc.net/bfm2000/bfm2000.asp)
Best Personality Traits: Called, Servant Leader, Compassionate, Discreet, Dependable, Driven, Enthusiastic, Flexible, Humble, Organized
Passion For: Supporting the Mission of the church by ministering to children, Young Adults and their Families, serving both the church and community.
About: Immanuel is a healthy, excited, growing Baptist Church in the inner city of Wichita that has a heart and reaches Wichita, Sedgwick County and the surrounding counties. Many of our members drive an average of 15 to 20 minutes to church
and some as much as 45 minutes one way. Our Mission is to GLORIFY GOD by making Christ known, following Christ, serving Christ, and sharing Christ. We have a passion to celebrate God restoring people from the brokenness caused by sin, facilitating spiritual
growth, equipping for meaningful service, and bringing hope through the Gospel by engaging and sharing our faith in Christ generously.
- Worship Style: Contemporary/Traditional hybrid worship.
- Snapshot: We are a church that is over 100 years old and yet we are in a season of God doing NEW things and preparing for those NEW plans. We love families and desire to see God change the culture we are living in through the example and life of Godly families.
We are in the process of realigning our strategic discipleship process toward a family focus. We are a financially healthy church with minimum debt and have amazing facilities that will enhance our future growth and strategy. We are a missional church that
encourages missional involvement and we have helped plant nine churches in the last ten years. We have one Sunday morning service that draws a variety of people from different backgrounds who are hungry for God’s presence and purpose.
PURPOSE OF CHILDREN’S MINISTRY DIRECTOR:
The Children’s Ministry Director is to help lead children’s ministries (kindergarten -6th grade), young adults and their families in our spiritual process, to know Christ, to grow in Christ, to serve Christ and share Christ through the enabling
and empowerment of the Holy Spirit. They will provide leadership, development, and direction for Children’s Ministry and volunteer teams as it relates to the vision of Immanuel Baptist Church.
COMPETENCIES AND EXPECTATIONS:
1. Be a mature, Holy Spirit filled, committed follower of Jesus Christ evidenced by action, attitudes, and behaviors.
2. Maintain a vibrant faith and love relationship with Christ, personal Bible study, prayer, service, and self-discipline.
3. Have an understanding of who you are in Christ and what your purpose is.
4. Be reliable, take initiative, and be self-motivated.
5. Embrace and adapt to growth, change, innovation, and creativity.
6. Use appropriate judgment in the areas of discretion and confidentiality.
7. Have a cooperative, healthy, and motivating relationship with pastor, staff, and volunteers.
8. Possess a teachable attitude and desire to be a lifelong learner.
9. Must be a team player and work well with others toward a common vision.
10. Exhibits a responsible professionalism by a conscientious work ethic, a well-groomed appearance, a stable mood, passionate eye toward detail, a caring heart toward those entrusted to your care, and willing to be accountable.
11. Be a faithful tither, Immanuel Church member and person of integrity.
12. Set an example of character and live a life above reproach in personal and public lifestyle in accordance with the qualifications of a qualified elder in 1 Timothy 3:1–7 and Titus 1:5-9.
13. Seek out personal training and growth opportunities.
14. Participate in public services, church outreach, and missions in the community and beyond.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, ABILITIES, SPIRITUAL GIFTS:
1. Be a leader with evident anointing and calling to children, young adults and family ministry.
2. Creative and motivational.
3. Have training in children, young adult and family ministry.
4. Have at minimum of 5 years’ experience in active service and ministry position.
5. Four-year college/seminary degree preferred, but not essential.
6. Experience in recruiting, equipping, and maintaining volunteer leaders to children, adults and families.
7. Effective communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal).
8. A passion to see children and their families grow in their faith together.
9. Experience in counseling is a bonus.
10. Affiliates and is familiar with IBC.
11. Be a team player with a loving concern for the whole church, having a good rapport with all generations.
12. Should model servant-leadership in the way she relates to the community, staff, membership and the Pastor.
13. Should desire to bear “much fruit” and have the mind-set to continually improve ministry to families.
14. Have leadership, administrative and organizational abilities.
15. Competency with technology, web and social media.
1. Oversee and lead all Children’s Ministries in discipleship, evangelism, special events, etc.
2. The Children’s Ministry Director works with the Pre-School Director and is responsible for the implementation and development of programming for the spiritual formation of children and equipping parents to fulfill their calling as the primary spiritual
leaders of their children.
3. Enlist and train adult volunteers to lead children to imitate Jesus and influence the world with the gospel.
4. Conduct adult volunteer screening interviews to recruit the right people to serve in children’s ministry.
5. Support the vision of the Lead Pastor centered around the Great Commandment and the Great Commission
6. Assist in handling emergency situations as appropriated.
7. Support the Lead Pastor in carrying out the ministry of the church; help as needed with administrative tasks, special projects/services/events/missions.
8. Be involved in witnessing, outreach and visitation of members.
9. Maintain excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills with church leadership, staff, volunteers and congregation.
Compensation will be commensurate with responsibilities and experience. Package includes salary, health insurance for Children’s Ministry Director and family, 2 weeks paid vacation for first year, and additional time off between Christmas and New Year’s
If you are sensing the leading of the Holy Spirit to send your resume, please send to: email@example.com