Woodland Community Church
9607 East State Road 70, Bradenton, FL 34020
Job Description for Pastor of Adult Ministries
This staff position will be called the Pastor of Adult Ministries. The Pastor of Adult Ministries is considered an extension of the Pastoral Ministry of the Woodland Community Church. The Pastor of Adult Ministries shall be under the direct supervision
and leadership of the Executive Pastor and the Lead Pastor. He shall be responsive and accountable in all matters assigned, keeping them informed concerning all phases of the work under his supervision. The Pastor of Adult Ministries is a full time ministerial
The duties as the Minister of Education include:
- Assuming the responsibility for the overall growth and development of Woodland Adult Ministries.
- Organizing and directing the work of the Adult Ministry.
- Directing and coordinating all aspects of the Small Group Ministries.
- Responsibility for evaluating and selecting curriculum which will meet the needs of the church family.
- Planning and supervising Married Adult Outreach.
- Recruiting and training Married Adult Leadership to include Small Group Leaders.
- Planning and supervision of budget of Married Adult expenditures.
- Planning calendar events.
- Researching and implementing new avenues of ministry to Married Adults.
- Leading Married Adults to grow in their walk with the Lord through personal discipleship.
- Coordinating local mission opportunities such as PASE ministry.
- Assisting the Pastor to grow the church.
- Other duties as assigned by the Pastor and Executive Pastor.
Work schedule and policies concerning the Pastor of Adult Ministries will be in accordance with established church personnel policies and as listed below:
- He will be expected to be present for regularly scheduled church services or have approved leaders/directors to lead during those times. A work week will consist of a minimum of 40 hours. The specific times of work will be arranged through and approved
by the Executive Pastor.
- He will be allowed additional time off as explained in Personnel Policies. The specific times taken off will be arranged through and approved by the Executive Pastor.
The job description and performance of the Pastor of Adult Ministries shall be reviewed annually, or more frequent, by the Pastor, the Executive Pastor, and the Chairman of the Human Resource Ministry Team.