Trinity is a welcoming community of faith that strives to live out its vision of “Reaching People, to Equip People, to Reach People.” At its core, Trinity desires to see lost people found, and found people finding the lost. Trinity operates under the leadership
of Lead Pastor Steve Spangenberg who’s now in his fifth year at Trinity. Trinity is a church that is continually leveraging its influence and creativity, including an expansion of their online presence and live streaming on three different virtual platforms.
Position Objective: To spiritually lead a growing and diverse community to meaningful and moving worship.
About the Position: The worship leader is responsible for oversight of all worship services and worship teams. They must be a visionary, creative, and embrace change. The worship leader will need skills in communicating and inspiring direction
both on and off the platform. This position requires a person who can lead and develop a team not only musically, but spiritually as well.
- Evidence of a vital, growing, committed, missional, and communal faith in Jesus.
- Commitments to love, reach and restore the lost, marginalized and disenfranchised.
- A commitment to the mission, vision, values, and worship philosophy of Trinity.
- Demonstrated growth and success as a worship leader both musically and administratively.
- Believes in the mentor/apprentice model of leadership development and has the heart for multiplying the efforts of the church in other geographical areas.
- A pastor as well as a musician. (Ordination is not a requirement)
- A heart for the spiritual formation of those in the church and the worship ministry.
- Relational skills and enthusiastic presence for leading a church.
- Willingness to learn, listen and work collaboratively with people.
- Skilled in vocal and instrumental musicianship
- Skilled in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
- Skilled in the use of technology regarding worship (sound, lighting, computers, etc.)
- Ability to adapt and incorporate other art forms as needed.
- Commitment to growing in your relationship with Christ through ongoing spiritual disciplines, such as Prayer, scripture reading, LifeGroups, accountability, and fellowship of Trinity Church.
- Spend time developing relationships outside the walls of the church with lost people within the community and teaching the people of Trinity to do the same.
- Develop the necessary teams to facilitate worship at Trinity.
- Plan the worship services of Trinity in consultation with the Creative Team and Lead Pastor. Plan services with prayer, conceptual forethought, theological accuracy, and musical appropriateness. Ensure that all the musical and technical aspects of the
service advance the theme for the day. Oversee song selection, media preparation and presentation, sound and lighting enhancements, and coordination of all instrumentalists, vocalists, and dramatists of Trinity.
- Serve as the lead worshiper in all worship environments at Trinity
- Direct and organize all weekly activities and rehearsals necessary to facility weekly worship at Trinity.
- Provide pastoral care for the individuals directly involved in the Worship Arts Ministry at Trinity.
- Advance the ministry influence and education through books, conferences, and new technologies.
- Oversee the worship department budget, organization, and volunteers.\
- Intentionally build contacts and relationships with local musicians, studios, clubs, and college campus across our area.
- Set annual goals that are in line with the church’s vision/mission and evaluate those goals on a continual basis.
- Attend weekly Staff and Creative Team meetings. Staff meeting takes place on Tuesday at 9 am, and Creative Team is on Sunday’s at 5:30 pm
About the Location:
Located 28 miles west of Chicago, Naperville, Ill., consistently ranks as a top community in the nation in which to live, raise children and retire. This vibrant, thriving city is home to acclaimed public and parochial schools, the best public library system
in the country, world-class parks, diverse worship options, an array of healthcare options, and an exceptionally low crime rate. Naperville has ready access to a variety of public transportation, housing, and employment options. The city’s diversified employer
base features high technology firms, retailers, and factories, as well as small and home-based businesses.
In just half a century, the City of Naperville has grown from a prairie town of fewer than 10,000 people to a bustling city of 145,000 residents, and home to everything from family businesses and a scenic Riverwalk to international corporations and regional
transportation networks. Naperville has been named one of the Top 100 Best Places to Live in 2017 by Livability.com, outpacing more than 2,100 cities with populations between 20,000 and 350,000 in a data-driven ranking system. Money Magazine also
named the city in its 2016 Best Places to Live list, ranking it #10 on the list of 50 small cities.
From its 1831 incorporation to today’s standing as Illinois’ fifth largest city, Naperville’s story is one of progress and innovation through the power of teamwork. With an appreciation for the founding families of Naperville and their generations that continue
to influence the city, the shared sense of community that bring intergovernmental partners and organizations together for the common good, and the continued drive for innovation and efficiency in the future, Naperville is one of a kind.
With all the amenities of a modern city and all the charm of a small town, Naperville truly is the premier community in which to live, work and play.