Purpose For This Position:
The Children's Ministry Director is responsible for leading all aspects of FEC’s ministry to children and overseeing the nursery workers as they care for toddlers and babies during worship services.
Vision For This Role:
- Teach the Gospel to children on their level, in a creative, fresh and fun way.
- Serve and connect with the families of FEC and the community.
- Equip and empower children's ministry volunteers to lead others in loving Jesus.
Director of Children’s Ministry Job Responsibilities:
- Lead all aspects of the children's ministry to children age three through fifth grade.
- Lead weekly services and classes on Sunday morning and Wednesday evening.
- Offer pastoral care and encouragement to children’s ministry staff and volunteers.
- Recruiting and developing volunteer teams for children’s ministry. Stay connected with key volunteers and leaders.
- Manage the children’s ministry budget.
- Responsible for ordering curriculum, software and its usage.
- Proficient in social media.
- Ensuring all safety and security processes are followed for the safety of the children/church.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Develop and lead outside of Sunday events to create space for children, volunteers and families to connect. (Movie nights, family game night, day trips, etc.).
- Oversee and lead key annual events including VBS, Easter activity, Christmas musical/play, Fall festival, etc.
- Develop a new camp or retreat activity for age appropriate children as you and senior pastor both feel led.
A follower of Jesus Christ with proven leadership skills. Must be passionate about elevating the name of Jesus. Team builder. Team leader. Servant-hearted. Administrative and organization skills. Problem solver. A self-starter. Strong verbal skills. An eye
for excellence. And fired up about children learning about Jesus on their level!
Bachelors degree in children’s ministry or related degree preferred, but, not required.
Experience in working with children’s ministry.
Hours Per Week:
Up to a full-time position.
Commensurate with education and experience.