The Youth and Music Director is responsible to shepherd high school and middle school youth at First Reformed Church and in the community of Oak Harbor as well as lead worship for the congregation of First Reformed Church. This includes planning and directing
ministry programs and events according to the FRC mission statement and within the philosophy of Think Orange and oversight of youth group volunteers. It also involves preparing and leading the worship elements of our Sunday services plus occasional extracurricular
- Pray daily.
- Maintain a lifestyle in keeping with a vibrant walk with Christ.
- Regular Bible study as well as study of the tenets of the reformed faith.
- Leads the worship team to include singers, instrumentalists, sound techs, and computer techs
- Provides for the highest quality of worship possible by coordinating the involvement of instrumentalists, vocalists, and lay worship assistants
- Meets Weekly with pastor for planning worship services
- Plans, schedules, leads, and coordinates the operation of regular and special corporate worship services
- Prepares for and holds rehearsals for worship team during the week and Sunday morning including music, music charts, and sound set up
- Ensures worship order for the bulletin is communicated to Director of Communications each week in a timely manner
- Learns and understands various reformed worship elements
- Leads the congregation toward authentic worship, through modeling and teaching such worship
Volunteer/Intern Leadership Development
- Train, recruit, nurture and pray for and with adult leaders.
- Develop events and programs that encourage participation of volunteer leaders.
- Do contact work with volunteers in order to build stronger relationships with leaders and youth.
- Identify and encourage students in volunteer leader roles.
Youth Program Leadership
- Plan, implement, direct, and maintain the following programs: youth small group ministry, weekly youth group, Monday hang out, youth group events, retreats and service projects.
- Serve as the primary teacher in small and large group settings.
- Communicate clearly and regularly with leaders, students, parents, and staff.
- Challenge and encourage students of this church to participate in worship and ministry of the church and challenge the church to become more active in the lives of her youth group students.
- Be available for crisis support with students and/or families.
- Encourage and train Christian students in evangelism and the ability to articulate what they believe.
- Support church wide events where students are involved (mission trips, vacation Bible school, etc.)
Contact and Outreach
- Develop and maintain relationships with students by going to schools, school events, sporting events, etc.
- Encourage periphery students towards increased involvement in the ministry.
- Encourage and train students to be involved missionally in their culture.
1. Administer all details regarding student programs, events, retreats, worship elements of services, etc.
2. Communicate and promote information regarding the youth ministry to FRC church family.
3. Work with supervisor to prepare the annual youth ministry and worship budgets and review expenses regularly.
4. Maintain an intentional ministry plan for the youth ministry.
6. Assist in church “family” events when possible (e.g. Picnic ‘N Praise, mission trips, vacation Bible school, etc.).
- Maintain a high level of integrity and confidentiality where sensitive information is known.
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor.
- Work as a team with the pastors, staff members, officers, committees and volunteers.
- Set a high standard of professionalism within this team environment. The goal should be to glorify God in all the office work and encourage staff in their personal walks with Christ.
Reports to the Head Pastor
Please send resume to Annette Hargrove at email@example.com